Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take a look and let me know your thoughts, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Take a look and let me know your thoughts, please!

Medium Info:

- 50% clean (not recycled from another plant) top soil & 50% clean organic compost
    - dolomite lime for calmag and PH balance
    - perlite
    - organic 4-4-4 fertilizer mixed into medium
    - diatomaceous earth mixed into medium

Nutrients:

- organic fertilizer mentioned above
    - top dressed with organic nitrogen fertilizer after seedling phase completed

PH Levels:

- In @ 6.2-6.5
    - Out @ 6.5-6.8

Lighting:

- Outdoor grow with atleast 10, usually 12+, of direct sunlight (not shade)

Time in medium 5 to 6 weeks

Bag seeds so unsure of strain or sex.

Hopefully that covers all of that info lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time grow, learning as I go. Made medium with what I had in the shed and some purchased items from Home Depot. Lost job due to Covid so can't be spending massive amounts of money.

I've attached pictures of my 2 plants. Basically, I'm looking for input as this is my first time growing cannabis. How do they look for 5 to 6 weeks old? Had a spider mite issue in the very beginning but was able to clear that up with some neem oil and hasn't been an issue since.

To my rookie eyes, they look good and healthy! I'd like someone with more experience to take a look and confirm or deny this. Also, any advice to make them even better is most welcomed!

I plan on getting feminized seeds and a mars hydro tent once I get my feet wet and have a better understanding of what I'm doing. Didn't want to spend good money on seeds just to kill them.

Thanks in advance!

Plant 1

Plant 2

Both Plants

image widget

Can't see your pictures..................
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Images of plant #2
      Attached Files

Comment

Images of plant #1
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good. Nice job on your soil medium. I recycle my old soils through my worm compost bins all the time and it rejuvenates beautifully. Growing good soil is cheap and and saves a lot grief by not having to constantly chase PH issues often caused by sterile store bought products. There is no reason to spend money on products that you can make yourself with just a little creativity and on-hand materials. My only suggestion would be to add some coarse sand to your recipe to aid in drainage and micro-minerals.

Comment

• KrimNL10DenZ
            KrimNL10DenZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the sand advice. I noticed the bottom stays moist so I've been taking a 1/4 metal dow and creating a tunnel between the drains holes. 4 drain holes, 2 tunnels forming a + and you can see the light through the other side. Am also stabbing a few vent holes on the top of the soil. I just watered Wednesday and I've water about once a week. I thought about transplanting to a bigger similar pot but putting gravel at the bottom of it and seeing if that would help but I guess I could do both. Thanks again! Happy growing

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Line the bottom of your container with gravel or broken ceramic next time and you won't have to worry about poking holes. I cover my gravel with fabric weed barrier so I don't have to dig the stones out after harvest.

they look good mate carry on with what u doing for your first i inpressed i nearly killed mine twice by week 5 mate happy growing

Comment

• KrimNL10DenZ
            KrimNL10DenZ commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been babying these things! I'm really hoping that atleast one is female, my luck they will both be male LOL! That's okay, I'm getting good experience and I've learned a lot already!

They do look good - great job - only thing I would do is snip off those sickly looking leaves near the bottom.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• KrimNL10DenZ
            KrimNL10DenZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I've actually just snipped a number of messed up leaves about a week ago. I didnt want to go crazy and cut to much off at once and stress the plant. I'm not sure if cutting it stresses it or not, but I would think so.

Should be okay by now to snip a little more off.

Thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X