• Show
Clear All

HELP! LST auto-flower advice and first grow questions

White Widow Auto-flower (4 total)
    SF2000 LED 18/6 in 2X4X5 tent
    3 gal fabric containers
    Coco / perlite
    GH Flora trinity + CalMag
    In week 4. Nothing looks like a real flower yet but the smell is definitely happening.

Overall everything seems good so far for my first grow. I am envisioning a low "C" shaped main stem with lots of buds growing upwards. I'm kind of to the point where I'm not sure what to do next especially with regards to LST. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I bent down main stem in week two. Maybe a bit early? I'm not sure. Main is bent low to ground now in shape of a comma. I doubt it is even a foot long yet with a little more than an inch between nodes. Side branches have started reaching upwards in the past few days but they're still crowding each other out. Should I have waited for some height before LST? If I just chill will those branches start stretching up soon?

I am treating every branch at main nodes like a future cola even if I have to twist them to get to light. Some are clearly bigger than others due to better initial light access. Is that overkill? Should I remove the smaller, weaker ones? How many colas is realistic for a 3 gal pot? I don't want quantity at the expense of quality. At any time would it make sense to top the plant to favor developing existing lower branches instead of making more of them?

Clearly this bush needs a haircut but I'm hesitant. I've been cutting 1 or 2 fan leaves per day from each plant for light access - tucking the rest down. Should I start trimming on the side branches too? Each branch is now itself branching. Should I keep the side branches from further dividing or will that cut into my flower?

Tent can get down to 68F-ish at night whenever light is off. Is that OK or do I really need to keep in the 75-80 range overnight too?

I have an elusive rollypolly in this one plant that is snacking on leaves sometimes. Sticky trap or just let the fellow party on?

I am looking for an oscillating fan for 2X4 space. The Vivosun clip fans looked to be exactly what I wanted but the Amazon reviews are dismal and they are kind of pricey. Any recommendations on a quiet, dependable fan that won't overpower such a small space? I'm hoping for something to mount / hang off of the floor to keep the footprint free for more pots.

Thanks in advance brothers and sisters
    Last edited by FoxFire; 09-03-2020, 11:34 PM. Reason: added help prefix

It's called Low Stress Training for a reason and that is to put as little stress on the plant as possible. Don't feel like you have to do it all at one time. This method works best done in stages. Train a branch or two at a time. See how it adjusts and then do more based on those results. Keep in mind that no matter what you do the plant will continue to grow toward light and make your adjustments accordingly. It's a good looking healthy plant and should adapt well and give you plenty of new colas. Leaf growth at this point is crucial so try not to rob her of energy by removing too much growth. There will be plenty of time for haircuts come flower time. Best of luck to you -

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X