Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestanding LED grow lights

Hi all,
    Due to grow space restrictions I could really do with a freestanding grow light. In an ideal word I’d buy an SF2000 or something, but I’m currently unable to suspend lights above my plant. I do however have a stand that takes an E27 bulb
    do you think either of these would be sufficient enough through the entire life cycle of one auto plant?
    I’m thinking not, but if I could scrape by with one until my situation changes I may have to try lol
    I’ve been doing loads of research but the whole par/lux/umol led equivalency thing has got me stumped
    Thanks in advance 😊

LED Plant Light, 150W Led Grow Light Bulb Full Spectrum, E27 Fan Shape Plant Lights Growth Lamps, 180° Illumination 414 LED Beads for Indoor Plant https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VKHQJ..._1wwuFb2EVGGX0

LED Grow Light, E27 1000W Phyto Lamp 3000K Full Sepctrum Lights for Plants Led Grow Tent Fitolamp Seed Flowers Herbs Greenhouse https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083KDHS..._LxwuFb7WZ82RG

190 ppfd at its highest not ment for canabis. After looking at both I would say keep shopping if you get them and if the plant flowers you will have nothing more than wisps.
    Last edited by USMCnoviceMedical; 09-03-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Was worried that would be the answer 😞
      thanks for looking
      if anyone knows of anything similar that would suffice it would be greatly appreciated (if such magical device exists 😊)

Comment

Look at ppfd and where it drops off. If there's no chart or explanation just move on

True power draw. In watts from the wall.

the hid equivalent part is a marketing thing ignor it

and remember you get what you pay for. If you can't hang a panel look into cfls at that size you would probably have more luck

Comment

• Venkman
          Venkman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, 1st time and I really appreciate the advice. May have to go balls to the wind and do some remodelling to accommodate a tent with an SF1000 or something

I would just make sure the diodes are listed like hl301H
        not hl301b

H is for horticulture a lot of the lights like that will try sell you the wrong ones. The B is for general lighting.

Comment

May I ask why you can’t suspend the light? I can see not having room to set up a tent but you can’t screw a hook into the ceiling or set up some sort of free standing rack to hold a more standard led grow light?

Comment

• Venkman
            Venkman commented
            Editing a comment
            Parents house lol
            Freestanding rack would be good, just need ideas on where to start 😊
            Last edited by Venkman; 09-03-2020, 06:32 PM.

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            Goggle “clothing rack”. They have tons of different ones, $15 and up.

Also for the cfl grow look up the space bucket on GWE. Looked pretty cheap and easy to build.

I’ve just been reading the cfl growing guide on here and it sounds like that may be the solution 🤞
          High watt cfl’s are apparently difficult to get hold of in UK, it recommends 2 x 42w 65k and 2 x 40w 27k bulbs, but would a couple of these suffice? If so, how many would you recommend?
          This 85w 5500K Daylight-Balanced CFL Light Bulb Replacement has a colour temperature of 5500K, and a CRI of >90. UK Warranty | Trusted Shop Guarantee | 28 Day Return Policy | UK Stock | Expert service & advice | Next-day delivery

thanks again 😊

Comment

You just have to make sure every part of the plant is covered in light that's how many CFLs you'll need so it depends on how many plants you want to grow

Comment

You could make a frame out of PVC and suspend the light from that.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Originally posted by USMCnoviceMedical View Post
                I would just make sure the diodes are listed like hl301H
                not hl301b

H is for horticulture a lot of the lights like that will try sell you the wrong ones. The B is for general lighting.
                Just for clarification, the lm301b and lm301h are EXACTLY the same diodes.
                The only difference is how they list output specs-one is for lighting and the other is for horticultural use.
                WHAT???
                5x5 grow space
                900w of Vero's and F-strips
                4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• gbauto
                  gbauto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it's solely because of their intended markets.
                  Lighting peeps speak in lumens and horticultural uses umoles.

• Bengfan
                  Bengfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  gbauto is correct. However, I think the difference is mainly for the bin. Also, for the op I would look into HLG for your lights. Good luck!!

• USMCnoviceMedical
                  USMCnoviceMedical commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Get to learn something new. I honestly thought they were different.

Thanks everyone for the advice, the space bucket idea looked great, but I knew I’d end up doing that and then next grow I’d want to grow something bigger or something and be stuck again, so I found a new grow space and ordered a proper tent, ventilation kit and an SF1000 😁
                Thanks again for all the help and advice, I started out thinking I’d throw a seed in a pot and see how it went, didn’t realise how in to it I’d get haha

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X