No announcement yet.

Should I cut clones and chuck the rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Should I cut clones and chuck the rest?

A week or so ago I had a branch die off on my White Rhino reveg grow. I just assumed as brittle as some of the original growth is the when I treated it for mites I had moved it to far and broke it so I removed it and moved on. I have been waiting for the clones I took from it to pop roots before trimming it back and thinning it out. Today I decided to look at it from the other side to see what I had in store for me when I did that. I noticed a black area in the stalk which I is what appears to be rotting fibers. Looking at the roots and over all the plant it's self look healthy. Curious if anyone as ever had this come up and how they handled it. I was thinking of just cutting the bad part out, wrap it with tape and see if it survives. But if I can't remove the bad part and have the plant recover I'll need to snag clones from it to replace this grow. I wonder is this something that can be easily transferred to my other plants? I only had plans to make up the tote for a second 6 in a tote grow I planned to use the clones I'm waiting to pop roots. I could run to the grow store and grab another tray and dome and take clones as my main thing to get done tomorrow. Let me know what ya think.

I would definitely look into clones there. The rot is from your roots being wet too close to the trunk constantly. I've had that issue come up. It starts with root rot and moves it's way up with the moisture. If you can brace the plant it may survive but I doubt it would be worth the effort. Sorry for the bad news.

Comment

• Poppa
      Poppa commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I can't take it as bad news, I was able to get the plant to reveg. I still have healthy growth I can take clones from to replace the grow it's self and give me a third experience of cloning. All I'm out is a little time and the cost of electricity, water and nutrients I'll trade that for the learning experience and to still have ability to reach a harvest from what I have already done. Cloning again tomorrow, since lights in the room came on at 7 I'll clear my work area and set out cloning tools while checking on those.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you're looking at it like that. I had a few do that a few grows ago. I left them and they continued to grow but every time I moved the plant even the slightest bit, it would get weaker. Eventually it snapped off completely and I lost her. Worst part was that I wasn't confident enough (and lacked the tools) to take clones from anything yet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X