Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone claimed their money back from 420FASTBUDS for seeds that don't germinate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone claimed their money back from 420FASTBUDS for seeds that don't germinate?

A friend and I have bought a bunch of seeds from 420FASTBUDS, so far we have had 8 failures out of the 12 seeds, with 1 success and 3 remaining to attempt germinating. 420FASTBUDS seem to review well on the internet but this is a terrible germination rate. Over the last year I have had 1 seed out of 24 fail (3 failures out of 48 between my friend and I) when buying from a different company. Both of us germinate in our separate temperature and humidity controlled egg incubators directly in soil plugs. The seeds have all been relatively small and pale, I suspect that they are a few years old and are pale where they have dehydrated over the time. Of course they regain colour when they are moistened but only the freebie strain (which I didn't really want) germinated. We have contacted them to ask for our money back for the 8 that we have tried so far and I am slightly alarmed that they are asking for photographs of the ungerminated seeds. In a lot of places, including where I am, germinating the seeds is the point at which it becomes illegal. I don't like sending photographic evidence to a company I am claiming from and do not know if this is normal because I have never had to return seeds before. I don't know whether this is a device to put people off claiming, or if this is fine, or if actually they could just forward the images with the address to the cops and then claiming my money back would suddenly become the least of my issues. It feels really sketchy, but for goodness sake, you can't just sell a bunch of feeble or completely dead seeds as primo products. Anyone claimed from them before? Did you send photos?

EDIT: They have agreed to replace the ungerminated seeds without the photos... I am attempting to germinate all the remaining seeds to see if any of them will germinate before returning them. I'm hoping that this is just a storage in transportation issue, maybe they were left in the back of a van on a hot day or in a mail sack against a radiator rather than already being unviable seeds when they were dispatched.

RE-EDIT: All the new ones have failed too. Seeds from other companies are working. I still don't know if this is something happening in transit or whatever but I can no longer blame anything else, it is definitely the seeds. I am really annoyed after spending more than I normally would for good seeds and actually receiving worthless sterile seeds. I don't understand how they have received decent ratings from anywhere, at this point if someone gave me more seeds from 420FASTBUDS for free I would put them straight in the bin because it is a waste of time trying to germinate them.
    Last edited by qpwoeiruty; 09-12-2020, 02:51 AM.

They are simply asking for photos as proof that they didn't germinate. Most likely they will send you new seeds to replace the bad ones. I've never had an issue yet that I could attribute to a bad seed so I haven't had to deal with contacting them for a refund or replacement. I have also only ordered from Seedsman so far. I believe the return policy is the same for most seed banks, they want photos for proof. I don't see a seed company turning any growers in, they rely on our business too much. Hope that helps ease your mind a bit.

Comment

I had a similar situation once with Nirvana and I sent them pictures and they sent me a brand new package of seeds and I'm in a state where it's not legale as well

Comment

I flagged with them that I don't really want to send images for legal reasons and they are replacing the seeds without the photos.

Comment

I don't know how you feel about posting pictures of your grow in the future on this website but I know from experience that people can help you far more when you post pics

Comment

• qpwoeiruty
            qpwoeiruty commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure, but you don't have my name or physical address and I'm accessing the site through a VPN.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Geo data is stripped from the pics uploaded here. I use a camera that does not include geo data, and most cell phones can be set to not include it.

Right on! That's good service, you should edit and make a clear note in the original post that they took care of you.

Comment

My organic grow setup. 4x4 tsw2000 and a giixer 1000. FFOF and Natures Living Soil. NYC sour diesel and Fast Master from 420 seeds. Grow the best buds ever this year growmies!

Click image for larger version

Name:	grown.png
Views:	122
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	553432

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Spammmmmmmmmmm

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X