Over watered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over watered

hi, i think ive over watered my seedlings and im unsure what to do? should i let them dry out with the heat of the light? this is my 1st time grow so im panicking, please help

Give them a day to dry out, maybe 2 and go from there. It's really hard to over water a seedling if it's not a repetitive occurrence. Try a spray bottle, they work great for seedlings. These plants will bounce back from almost anything so rest easy.

Comment

thanks, but how much should i be watering them as in volume? im watering the whole pot so al the surface is moist, or should i just water down the steam of the plant?

Comment

Hi Nickchick182...welcome to GWE. Have you looked at the seedling guidance on GWE? How far along are your sprouts? What kind of container and medium are they in? What kind of light are you using? dphipps1020 is right. Let the plants dry out and when you think they are dry enough wait a little longer.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

hi so here,s what i have

3 x pineapple autos 1 x LSD auto (barneys)
          marshydro TS 1000
          canna coco pro soil
          inline extractor with a fox carbon filter
          11inch pots
          PH water used manually
          ive not used any growth products
          temp is 25 degrees as an average

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sasturday.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	443390Click image for larger version

Name:	now 1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	443391

Comment

so the 1st pic was Saturday and the other today they just seem to have a yellow tint

Comment

You should put them in a microwave for about 3 minutes at 750W should dry them out perfectly

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You must work for The Department of Misinformation

Originally posted by SHODAN View Post
                You should put them in a microwave for about 3 minutes at 750W should dry them out perfectly
                Just to make sure, dont do that, it makes their mental go boom.

Comment

When it's small like that you just want to wet around the tap root, not the whole pot. If you're not watering enough, they will tell you because they will get droopy when it's too dry. As they get bigger, raise the amount of water you give them. By week 2 you should be giving enough water to wet at least half the pot. I'm usually watering the whole pot by week 2. Hope that helps.

Comment

You cannot over water a well draining medium, but you can water too OFTEN, replacing pockets of oxygen with water, drowning roots and starting all kinds of problems seen throughout these threads. Damping off, fungus, mold, mildew, pests, nutrient deficiencies and so forth. Once you wrap your head around this concept you'll let your plants dry properly and water when needed. Think about it. How would you like me to keep pushing your head underwater when you're coming up for air?
                    Last edited by quirk; 09-02-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Well I’m unsure how you know about my water fetish but yes point taken 😉

Comment

So it turns out there’s not much nutrient In my soil, what can anyone recommend I feed my seedlings?? Please help

Comment

• Damngrower
                          Damngrower commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's worth a little investment in cannabis specific nutrients. Depending on your location you'll find different brands available, personally I use biobizz. You'll want veg stage nutes, for now, and start out at half the manufacturers recommended minimum dose. Once the plants are getting enough you'll see the new growth retaining its green colour.👍

Originally posted by Nicknick182 View Post
                        So it turns out there’s not much nutrient In my soil, what can anyone recommend I feed my seedlings?? Please help

Were it mine I'd top dress with Growin Green, Organic and will not burn.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X