Not getting the stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting the stretch

First time grower. Had my learning stages at every turn but plants look healthy. However I switched to flower about 3 weeks ago with buds showing ~2 weeks ago. However, my plants have not stretched as I thought (learned) they would. From reading GWE, I anticipated 2-3x vertical growth, yet I started flower at between 1.5-2’ tall and we are currently at about 2’ 3” tall. From what I’ve read after about 3 weeks the plants stop growing and start focusing on bud production. Can’t really find any information on the stretch not happening so reaching out to see if this ever has happened and what I possibly did. Buds are being produced and some growth has happened but not the explosive growth I anticipated. Please let me know what I did wrong so that I can correct on my next grow. Thanks!

You most likely haven't done anything wrong. Pictures definitely help, natural lighting preferred. It honestly could be a number of things, strain being the main one, training, grow medium, etc. My opinion, if it's producing buds and you're happy with the way it looks, that's what matters. Don't worry too much about the stretching part.

Comment

Sorry for the late response, life is busier than normal. I’ve included some pictures for reference and labeled them so that I don’t have to explain them here.

Growing 3 plants in coco coir/pearlite and following Nebula’s nute schedule. Using a 450W LED in a 2x4x5’ tent. First time grower and using bag seed so I really don’t know the strain(s).

Did a light defoliation the day I switched to flower and have been doing very minor defoliating upkeep as I deem needed. Still keeping the bulk of the leaves on but I know I will need to do at least one more defoliation session soon just not sure when. Could the defoliation that I did at the flip cause stunting that would prevent them from stretching?

Also I use a lux meter to determine my light height (I know it’s not the best but I’m not ready to spring for a par meter and GWE has an article that convinced me a lux meter would be enough to get by). Anyways I’m allowing the max 80k lux to hit the canopy as the values drop off from center. I haven’t experienced any light burn but I’m wondering if this would keep them from stretching as well?

Lastly, I live in a very hot and humid area and though I grow indoors sometimes the outside elements are hard to overcome in my old house. My in-tent temperature is usually in the 70sF with humidity in the 50s though that can jump up depending on the weather (have a dehumidifier in room but can only do so much).

I think that’s all the things I’m doing that may shed some light onto this issue. For 2 months I’ve been focusing my efforts on making sure I wouldn’t run out of room in my tent due to the stretch but now we are here and nothing is happening. The plants look healthy but I feel like my yield is going to be greatly reduced by my lack of vertical growth.

Anyways, sorry for being so long winded. Looking forward to any insight or discussion. Much love.

Comment

they look good to me mate just make sure all the bud sights are exsposed to as much light as possile put light as close u can good luck

Comment

I think you just have a slow growing girl. I have one also. Mine was in the tent at least three weeks of flower, then all of a sudden took off for about 1.5 to 2 weeks, then stopped and started fattening up. Still fattening now. But she is very late. I thought she would be done by now, but looking at 2 to 3 more weeks.

Comment

• Hammer53
            Hammer53 commented
            Editing a comment
            BTW mine is bag seed also. So who knows LOL LOL

Also remember you're not supposed to do much defoliation until after week 3 when the stretches done because it uses the energy that the fan leaves pull in for the stretch they are looking good.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X