• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limp and yellow plants

Hi, I've done about 4 grows and haven't been very successful. My setup:

Viparspectra 450w leds

Grocell 1.8m tent

Fan and exhaust fan on timer

I monitor heat and humidity and it never gets above 23c/73f, I have thermostat heater as it's winter here.

I don't think I'm overwatering either. Have had lots of bugs but that has cleared up somewhat

My plants seem to start well but periodically become very limp and yellow. I've tried boosting with nutrients, ive raised my lights to a distance of 80cm / 32 inch (basically as high as possible)

They are always small plants as well. Big one us about 50cm

The pics are in flowering stage

Please help if you can - I think it's light intensity, but have tried other leds that have a dimmer so could experiment with intensity, but couldn't make it work

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

She has root issues, what is the soil, details.

Comment

do u check ph going in and coming out mate

Comment

Ph is one of the most common problems and would be my guess.

Comment

Texasbob I agree, but not all in this case, pics 1 and 3 are burned, look like they are trying to flower, and pic 2 is going into lockout from bad PH, most likely caused by a feeding.

Comment

• Texasbob
            Texasbob commented
            Editing a comment
            You are probably right about 1 and 3 ! That is a really bad case of burning. Really bad. That is why I was leaning towards ph because it seems that corrective measures would have been taken before it got that bad. Imo

I will say, learn how to build your own (organic living) soil (lots of info on the internet), you will be way better off! If your going to use bottled nutes, use the same brand for the entire grow. If you must use bagged soil, ask questions here as to what works best (I build my own soil)
          Read the posts here, and look at the guides, it will only benefit you! And keep asking questions.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks! Will check the ph and feedback. Yeah I'm using bagged soil (premium lol). Another suggestion was to use canna 13/14 which I did and saw some improvement

Comment

Hi, so my ph is about 6.3, 6.4 for the plants in bad condition and about 6.9, 7.0 for the better plant. I'll adjust up for the 6.3ish plants

Comment

Is that ph taken from your run off? If not next time you water catch the run off in a tray and check ph. If above 7 then hit with a lower ph if below 6 higher ph. When you check run off if your not sure just post what the ph is and someone will be able to tell you what level you should ph with.

Comment

Imo it's overwatering it can and does look like nute burn and ph issues. With you saying you have changed so many things with the same outcome I think you are loving them to death which normally starts with overwatering... checkout this link it explains what I'm saying alot better than I can....

by Nebula Haze This overwatered cannabis seedling is drooping from being given too much water too often. If you’ve got droopy cannabis plants, you’re not alone. Overwatering is one of the most common problems faced by cannabis growers. Giving too much water to your cannabis plants doesn’t mean you’re a bad grower. In fact, overwatering...
                  TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                  s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                  .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                  TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                  2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                  TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                  3 gallon pots all autos
                  Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                  ๐Ÿ‘‡my one n only journal๐Ÿ‘‡
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

u want to change the other plant 6.9 to 7 bring down to 6.5 the bad plant ph is ok better if 6.5 if there true reading it not ph issue was it light burn or your soil is full of nutriants and your adding more liquid ones does your soil mention not having to feed for x amount of weeks hope this helps mate

Comment

If you're adjusting your water for a better number for runoff - well - that's your choice. I have never checked my runoff.

My opinion - your grow medium looks awful.

You have the same medium for all your grows? That haven't really produced much? I would use a grow medium that isn't as hot.
                      โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                      Mars Hydro
                      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

canuch right looking at pics whats all that stuff on top and whats in pot next to it get rid of everything thats not weed out of tent mate and start again i didnt realise they in flower sounds like u doing everything else right if u used same soil on each grow what are the stones for hope this helps

Comment

Thanks. Yeah decorative stones out there by my kids. The other plant has been removed. Thanks for the help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X