led lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

led lights

has anybody got or have any knoledge of the spider farm 1000watt led light any help would be grateful dont know where to bite the bullet and get a couple of these or go with 600watt hps which i got and get a few more of them thanks guys

I have been looking at that light too. From everything I have seen it has great reviews. Good price to.

Comment

Looks to be made with the same Samsung diodes as mars hydro. Only costs a few bucks more. Also the SF 1000 is actual draw of 100w, says that will cover 2x2 in flower, idk from what I’ve been told 25w per sq ft isn’t close to enough.

Comment

it wont be 1000 watts like when they same as 600hps it spider farm light texasbob for what i can see these seen better than mars 2000 it got samsung diodes like u say for price they either dead cheap or way exspensive looking at

Comment

Make sure you got those true watts from the wall like Xena says. Heartbreaker for you and tent if it's not big enough. Good luck those spider farmer were talked about on this site before a couple years back so they are still around that's a good sign. And made improvements for sure.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• USMCnoviceMedical
            USMCnoviceMedical commented
            Editing a comment
            I only go by the draw from the wall. All these lights that claim to be a replacement for hps/hid at there advertised watts is meaningless. Also see if you can find a PPFD chart showing how large the main focus of the light is and the drop off. I see a lot of lights that claim to cover 4x4 but make sure you check for veg and bloom coverage they are always different by a lot.

meant to put looking at viparspectra 1000 £128 the green one texasbob

Comment

• Texasbob
            Texasbob commented
            Editing a comment
            I am using a viperspetra v600 right now and it is great. I appreciate your advice!

You get want you pay for most the time, This hobby isn't cheap.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
            Looks to be made with the same Samsung diodes as mars hydro. Only costs a few bucks more. Also the SF 1000 is actual draw of 100w, says that will cover 2x2 in flower, idk from what I’ve been told 25w per sq ft isn’t close to enough.
            Agreed.
            Even running top-tier diodes like the lm301b, I wouldn't expect a ppfd over 500 when trying to light 4 sq ft. I've found that if you can run 35-40 w/sq ft using lm301b or equivalent will absolutely crush a grow.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

growell. Here is a picture of the my room that I use the v600 in

Comment

ok mate thats a nice looking plant do u grow plants at edge of room aswell do they look like that

Comment

• Texasbob
                    Texasbob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The plant I have growing right now has completely filled the room. I would like more light intensity on edge and that is why I am considering a second light or a bigger light. The picture I posted was an auto so it didn't fill my net.

Have a SF 2000 in a 2x4x6 tent. Plenty of light. Very bright. Quiet, cool, streamlined, light weight doesnt take up much room. Running it for 6 months no probs. For my purposes, i will stick with this light. Very happy.
                  If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

athanks mate so there good u getting fat dense buds cause thats what matters

Comment

• MeEasy
                      MeEasy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I also have a sf2000 and I'm very happy with it. Spider farmer says 205w actual draw and 2.7 umol/j but with the highly efficient drivers and LEDs that are being used now a days the watt draw is not the best way to compare them with other lights, it's like comparing an old carb engine with a fuel injected model the output is different. The umols and ppfd map are the way to compare lights these numbers are the actual measurements of the light that can't be twisted to mean something different and if the manufacturer doesn't provide these numbers they're probably hiding something. The sf1000 is literally half of a 2000 so actual draw is 100w

EDIT = and my buds under this light compared with two 600w blurples. I would say I saw a 30% increase in size...
                      Last edited by MeEasy; 09-01-2020, 09:15 AM.

• Korn
                      Korn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, large tight buds. I recommend wearing eye protection if working under this light. Its very bright.

Thanks guys use have helped me a lot i was looking at the sf1000 and the viparspectra p1000 green one i think i going to go with a couple of sf2000 now so tthanks again everyone who commented but if anyone got anything better they know let me know thanks

Comment

I have 3 of the Mars Hydro TSL-2000. They draw right at 300 from the wall. I use them all to flower plants. I use burple lights to veg. They produce very good buds and good yields. Very happy with my led lights. two of these in a 4x4 tent will make a grower a very happy person in a few short months.
                      4x4 flower tent
                      sour dream
                      Blue Diesel
                      Trainwreck
                      platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
                      Green Dream
                      Sour Dream
                      blue dream
                      Freakshow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X