Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesson Learned

Hey everyone, happy growing. I live in the "middle" of the country, strangely enough a very "red" state, by we have passed medicinal marijuana laws, and frankly they are as liberal as any I have seen. I am somewhat of a newbie to growing, having grown 4-5 plants three different times in my home with good success. Problem is the aroma. I do not have a "tent" or anything special like that, I have a large game room on the second floor of my house and since my children are out on their own, I thought I mite as well put that room to use, right? Well anyway, I thought I would try to grow some plants outdoors, I received several nice clones from a friend, they have been in pots for weeks now and with the shorter days starting, they have been flowering for a couple of weeks now. Well, these have been growing in my backyard, in a nice neighborhood, and much to my chagrin, my girls have been pollinated! I am a little in shock, all of the clones I used are verifiable female plants, but I have some seed pods forming, so I am bummed. It's probably not a huge problem as I am not a "smoker" of bud, my wife an I make edibles (cookies, cake balls, etc.) for our consumption, so i suppose I can salvage these plants and just pick thru the seeds. I guess the whole purpose of this rant is to say hey. you never know, someone living close by must have some male plants and they corrupted mine. Honestly, I never thought that would be a problem, but lesson learned.

Sounds a lot like Oklahoma. Got any pics of said ladies and seeds?

Comment

Very perceptive. let me take a couple and will share here in a bit.

Comment

Yes welcome to the forum and to the world of outdoor pollination LOL. Signs of the times never know couple doors down Granma is tending a weed garden but yes lots of cross pollination happens this time of year sorry about that.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Well, here are a few photos, I am not sure they are clear enough to show everyone what they need to see.

Comment

I can't zoom in. Seeds are hard to see, find one then get about 3 inches away and try to get a good shot. These aren't great but might help.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200720_131428.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	442642Click image for larger version

Name:	20200720_131601.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	442643

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              By the way, there's a very good chance that one of you will grow/smoke and all of you will see the product of these exact seeds since they've been harvested and probably already sent out to their forever homes.

I was thinking about that the other day as I watered all the flowering flowers outside - a lot of them - and the tomatoes and then at the berries. How I love to watch all the pollinators I am supporting and have actually planted to attract. Any one of them could have visited someone's backyard boy plant and then come to visit me, leaving cannabis boy-plant cooties on anything out there. Including a healthy girl cannabis plant.
            Now I'll never grow outdoors. No boy plant cooties are going to get my girls, lol.
            You can get a charcoal filter and fan for your game room. It will filter out cigar smoke and the smell of ganja, leaving you with better air than you had. Even if you don't smoke cigars, order some. Misdirection is awesome

Comment

Maybe a little better pic. I can try to take a few more tomorrow...thanks.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Much better shot and it does look like you might have 2 baby seeds in that picture.

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Anything inside one? Or are they empty?

It wasn't my males, they were all pulled weeks ago.
              I got seeds last year, not many, I did not keep any of them as the male was a WW CBD (thats what I knew of).
              Just south of me there is a 40 acre outdoor grow, if they catch pollen, well someone gonna have bag seeds in their store bought bud. BTW this place just sold, the previous owner is in Florida retired, they must have gave him a huge stack of money!

Comment

wow, better read books

Comment

Carbon filter does wonders. It does depend on your grow space though. My grow tent is 2x2x4, so a 10-12 inch carbon filter does everything and more, but for a 10x12x12 ft room may need more. Carbon filters take care of any smell.
                Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
                FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Originally posted by magAnnSsmitsss View Post
                  wow, better read books
                  I don't want to say anything bad. But it would be better if you were doing something extremely useful. It would be better if everyone finished school and worked for the good of the state. Recently, I just needed to make a presentation. I found powerpoint presentation writing service, you can click to read more if you want. I was not very good at making presentations, but I found a great way. At first, they did it for me a couple of times. I looked at how they make out and now I can make presentations myself, of course, not so cool, but still.
                  I can agree and at the same time no
                  Last edited by AngelaLifman; 04-26-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Here ya go AngelaLifman troll extraordinaire
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My new practice is to check original post date before reading. Who wants to jump on board?
                      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

Lots of that lately. AngelaLifman is a regular troll. Digs up old posts and says something odd about it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X