No announcement yet.

Splitting The Stem 7-10 Days Before Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have any feedback on their results?

Comment

Nothin wrong with experiments, but what I've found, if people do something to their OWN plants of course it's gonna work magnificently, they are not going to report something that didnt work ,it's hard to go by just pictures ,pictures are easily duped .Especially if you don't have a way to document each days growth.So every one has to try the new trick an of course it's gonna work great for 99 out of a 100, no one likes to admit failure. If their were any new tricks that positively worked Nebula would have them already on GWE. I might be wrong ,but I think all the new tricks have already been tried by many over the years, good luck with your experiments.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Just curious..... is 2 weeks long enough for the new trichs created by the stem splitting to mature?

Comment

I’ve done a stalk split more than a few times, worked well but I spit earlier than what I’ve been hearing at least 3 weeks befor harvest.
          Ive moved up to splitting the main braches off the stalk close to the stalk an inch or two after the the branches come off the stalk just b carful I have used tooth picks and wooden skewers with improved results! Just 1 mans opcervation. Lol

Comment

Never tried any of the old outside tricks . Still new to their indo. I was quite successful outside for most of my current adult life. Until the great law of my state moved me inside. We always split stalks and drove nails and such mostly as a way of finishing quicker. But we always thought we were just speeding up what was going to happen eventualy. I've watched my grandpaw take a tobacco knife and cut a 12 footer half down and take his foot and break it over. And harvest them stickiest dank there next week.

Comment

Every time I hear about this topic it makes me wonder why not just use a power dtill to make a small hole

Comment

Originally posted by carblevel View Post
                Just curious..... is 2 weeks long enough for the new trichs created by the stem splitting to mature?
                Exactly the question I was going to ask. If this technique does work, all you've done is force the plant to produce a load of immature trichs, doesn't sound very beneficial

Comment

• carblevel
                  carblevel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right!!!!! Maybe that's why stalk splitting is not listed in the GWE tutorials on plant training.

Have used this on several plants and to be honest there was no noticible difference in trich production between splitting and not so I`ve ceased. Not saying there isn`t anything in this but I just didn`t get the results.

Comment

Cool thanks man i appreciate ya

Comment

That way I look at it what have u got to loose as long as u make sure and support the branch’s?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X