No announcement yet.

New Grower Here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all not only for the interest and the kind words, I look at you not only as Grow companions and inspiring Growers but also as Experienced in your environment and skills, Im happy each one of you are coming along. Im going to work a couple responses in here if I can.

Problems, Mistakes, and Decisions.

Problems are things that come up and need to be addressed as soon as possible, you dont necessarily need to be the cause of the problem they just happen and
    I have a problem! We just had a shift in are weather patterns. I am 800 miles east of that PNW you two speak of and love that area there, Newport OR. Is one of my favs and I always enjoy flying into Seatec from the northeast.
    My humidity dropped from 48% to a low of 29%, how i see this as a problem is I watered two days ago and raised the power of the light to 90%, today my pots were bone dry, leaf was dark and a little shiny, and I have a little twisting on most the plants. When the humidity dropped the plant sucked the pot dry quicker then normal and has caused a blast of nutrients to hit the plants. This problem is hitting at a bad time in the plants life as I'm seen perflower, so I corrected it today by dimming the light down, (I love this feature and yes it has the sunset and sunrise setting, another selling point for me) from 90% to 83%, turning on a humidifier and using the heavy nutrient look of the plant a good time to run pHed 6.2 water with only calmag (5ml) and sladgehammer(5ml) added essentially a flush, the plants don't need to be fed. Here is a GWE article about humidity.
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/search-...yword=Humidity
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_013257.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	442753
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_130342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	442754
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_141221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	442763
    Mistakes are problems that you have caused, Iv made a mistake. I should have cut clones the day I dropped seeds, I know better but at the time didn't have the room and didn't want to deal with it so now I pay the price. I need my Photoperiod Clones to catch up to my Photoperiod seed and they are quite out paced right now. I should have transplanting a week ago to a 7 gallons pot, the Grape ape is ready but the Blue Dream is still finding it home. Here is what I'm going to do:
    The Grape ape in 6 inch pots got moved to lower light levels, I will cut nutrient for a coulpe waterings and I will keep them in the small pot till the blue dream catches up a little. Essentially I'm slowing down the photosynthesis process in turn limiting the available nutrient usage and telling the plant this is all the home you have. Will see if ol Furley can correct this mistake (wink wink)
    The Blue Dream will be pushed with more light and nutrient, potted up to a 6 inch from a 4 inch as fasted as possible, my Target on this is root growth adding supperthrive( 1 to 2 drops) and kelp(5ml). Per gallon.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_134029.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	442752
    Decisions need to be made throughout your grow that can lead to mistakes and cause problems, I made a decision.
    One of the Autoflowers came up a week after the other three, I had given up on it and there it was. It had slower then normal growth and contemplated tossing it a couple times, when it started to grow I figured it was going to be a runt and planned on letting it grow natural but the last couple of days she is picking up steam and looks only to be a week behind the other plants. I have decided to top her the same as I did the other 3 only 7 days later. My patience paid off to make a proper decision regarding this late bloomer.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_134036.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	442750
    A little bit more about my available set.
    Last year I used two rooms, 1 work room with a veg table having lights running 24/7. The other room was completely 12/12, running perpetually, a new plant would start every three to four weeks on the veg table and work it way through the system with a plant coming down every three to four weeks. There was a lot of work with a lot of different stages at once and before I bought the new lighting I had planned to change thing up this year, the flowering room will be used as a photoperiod grow pretty much start to finish, freeing up the veg table to grow autos this year. Ill see how it goes for this grow and if in the same time flame I can produce the same grams or more with the same space and light schedule and less work is the goal I have in mind, we'll see if my decision is a mistake that causes problems. I have one more treat but you'll going to have to wait for that.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200831_140012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	442749
    I appreciate all the comments on LED and yes the lights are considered higher end, I did look at several different brands with different features and there's a lot of them out there COB, DIY has caught my attention along with spider framer, HLG Diablo, and Kind but it was the master controller features and this being built in my country of origin that really did it. One of my biggest problems with LED is all of the equivalent BS, this system is true watts from the wall, 1360w in the photo room and 420w on the autos.

I have always felt like somebody was watching me so you may be right, they could be of alien nature.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 09-02-2020, 04:28 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

nice set up mate hope your changes work about led i know u get what u pay for i just havent got that sort of money i running 600watt hps i dont know weather just to buy more of them heat though then i got £200 to spend on led what light would u suggest i really strugglin with all the bullshit info thanks would relly appreciate your help

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        At the amount of money you are looking to spend you are in that target for the equivalent BS so don't buy into it. You should be able to grow a lb every four months min with one 600w hps and the options at your price are limited to replace that with true watts.

I have grown under the sun, CFL, shoplights, metal halide, high pressure sodium, and led, I know peeps that grow from 1 plant to full blown commercial warehouse grows and I'm a firm believer in using what you got. It has taken me 20+ years of illegal closet grows to get where I am, legally growing my maximum canopy size in a dedicated spot with high end equipment.

Looking at the question you have ask on the forum I get what you are trying to work towards, my best advice is save a little bit more money up, what you save in start up cost buying another HPS you'll spend on trying to control heat and the other side is if you don't have the money to do it right how are you going to have the money to do it twice?

One of the reasons I'm doing this Journal is a side-by-side comparison of Watt to watt, high pressure sodium to LED. Every one has had that thought of saving money by going cheaper but in the end to get high yields of quality buds there's no way around the cost or heat issue.

Stay tuned growell

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        This guy's goofy and stutters around but he bring up some good points.

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought mine after researching a few months and watching all the videos for all the sales pitches and product demonstrations from a bunch of LED makers. I went with Platinum because they explained the science of why their lights were so good and how they stood up next to their competitors. Their warranty was also much longer than you get with the cheaper ones plus they are assembled in the USA (which might not be such a selling point for our European friends). Hang on to your cash until you can afford lights you feel confident in buying, especially if you plan to keep growing for life.

That’s some set up you have there, really impressive.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Thanks mr furley thats the problem heat control i trying to work up to a 4m by 4m by 2m high and i think i would need 8 to 10 lights hps that a lot of heat so i trying to go with leds but if leds keep the heat right down i could use the money i would spend on heat extraction probably £800 i could spilt between lights maybe go to £500 range dont know about lights in that range then the one after are £1300 range so its real tricky so thats the plan anymore advice mate would be great thanks again

Comment

Update time: it is a Journal after all.

The awareness of my plants payed off today, after the same amount of time that has passed where the pots were completely bone dry they are still wet and have weight to them, I can easily make it another 24 hours before they will be that bad so I'll water tonight or first thing in the morning most likely with a lite nutrient mix. Temperature and humidity low/high have been stable 77f to 86f and 50 to 60 % this is right in and on the border of proper VDP and the plants and I are happy.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_101831.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	443638Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_111314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	443639
        Anybody that knows me on here knows I can't keep the scissors out of my hand and my plants tied down too far.

The plant that was topped has no signs of slowing down and seems to had a burst of branch growth, I'll leave her for a day or so before training.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_115143.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	443640

Alien is showing Indica dominant and level, compact growth so I have just been been pulling on her ties.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_125048.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	443641

This plant has self topped both lower branches and going to be a beast. had some center leaf and a couple growth tips removed and ties repositioned.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_125131.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	443642

This plant had a coulpe lower Leaf removed that was hidden and in the soil before tightening restraints
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_125205.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	443643

The clones got up potted today and this ideally would have been done at last watering. I let washing the pot settled coco instead of packet in and I don't like to see roots this high up the sides. I'm losing grow time here not only with root spread but now a little overwatering. Sorry about the thumb.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_120330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	443644
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_120518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	443645
        Iv seen a gnat or two, they are common so every plant got 1" of perlite and Iv put up a sticky traps. The 2 grape ape have just been sitting there,

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200902_125443.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	443646

I have found pistils on 1 of the 4 autos today, day 28.
        Learn how to find tiny pre-flowers at the base of each leaf to determine the sex of your plant in the vegetative stage (at only 3-6 weeks from germination)!

happy growing peeps

Last edited by Mr.furley; 09-02-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that could be a lab it's so clean ( right now LOL ) just kidding , i did wipe my tent floor after watering today LOL. No fooling it's a picture of beauty. Yeah for the flowers

• USMCnoviceMedical
          USMCnoviceMedical commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to admit you do have one of the cleanest setups I've seen loving the grow

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal could be? Hahaha. It gets Messy but a clean work area is a happy one, I charged the two of you to hold me to it throughout this grow.

Thank guys & gal.

dont u use drip trays under fabric pots does than mean u dont water to run off mate

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          My table is the drip tray! 25% runoff in coco ever time.

or do u take them out and water into grey tubs top pics cheer

Comment

do u test run off in fabric pots i read somewere on here they dont because of salt build up gives false reading

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Occasionally if I'm being stumped, but my plant don't typically get that bad and when I randomly check it it's the same as when it goes in for the most part. I watch my plant for what they need not runoff PH and ppm's.

ok mate cheers

Comment

The last five days have been up and down for the weather here, while most the country is hitting high temperatures and on fire we got a couple inchs of snow in the mountains today. Tonight we will be close to freezing, by the end of the week it will be back in the 80f. A/C off, Heater on then vice versa time of year but I do have to say that the new lights are keep Temps manageable beyond what Im used to, I may even have a reverse problem with it being to cold later this winter. Iv been having only 10 degrees temperature swing between day and night and With the MH and HPS lights it would be 20+ degrees swings this time of year, too much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200907_101530.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	445748

I decided to go ahead and top the two blue dream, remove all lower branches leaving a four way like the Grape ape. Accidentally fed full-strength to the Grape ape 2 nights ago and they don't seem to be slowing.

Name:	20200905_120124.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	445749

The Autos are at 30 days, been feed twice since the last post with full strength nutrient except Grow big (2.5ml only) this morning I found them droopy with wind burnt looking tops, I watered, heavy defoil and turned down a big fan Iv only removed upto four leafs at a time untill today and hope to go atleast two weeks before cutting anymore or trimming, Other then the clawing they look really good.

Name:	20200907_092110.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	445750

Name:	20200905_122558.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	445751

Name:	20200907_101253.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	445752

Name:	20200907_101227.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	445753

Till next time.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking real good!

• UndergroundFarmer
              UndergroundFarmer commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think I've seen fan leaves quite that fat before!

Looking good mate

Comment

Thanks for the update. Your autos look great!
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

It's time for a update.

Autoflowers are starting to stretch and drinking a lot more frequently, this is different from the humidity drop as the plant is using what I'm giving it not just transpiring it to the air. They have grown substantially over the last week, stocks are large, Leaf is filled back in, and the plants look like they're starting to stack.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200914_213037.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	448774Click image for larger version  Name:	20200914_201210.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	448775

I have feed them 3 waterings in a row, 3ml grow big, 10ml big, and 5ml Tigar. Today they got a good calmag/sladgehammer flush, then I did my final tie down to spread them out and level them off, no more defoliation only tucking for now.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200915_135551.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	448776Click image for larger version  Name:	20200915_143731.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	448777

I had decided that I'm only going to run 3 photoperiod plant and one of the Blue dream is getting ditched, the other got transplanted today into its final home, a 7 gallons smart pot. The 2 grape ape will be transplanted in a couple days to not overlap any transplant shock, the idea is to have the plant that is behind set roots and be growing again before transplanting the Grape Ape, this is the last step I can take to catch up plant size.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200915_114220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	448778
                The photoperiod plant are now residing in the other room under one light. The Autos have there own home.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20200915_142205.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	448779

Growers Love peeps
                Last edited by Mr.furley; 09-15-2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

As a New Grower patience is a must and mine is getting tested all the time.

Name:	20200921_221658.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	451557
                  I really want to defoli the Autoflower plants but I am keep the scissors at bay, well maybe I'll take a little. One of them has set budlets a little faster then the others and I lollipop her today, the others are needing a couple more days before I do the same thing to them. After the autos have set buds I plan on take a lot more leaf but for now my gut tells me to put the scissors down. I'm trying out some free samples of Bud builder(2ml) and bud candy(2ml) I got a couple months back on the autos to see if I can notice a different in favor and size, got a lot of changes for me this year and contemplating a different nutrient line.
                  for the most part the autos are just auto-ing day 42ish.

Name:	20200921_104946.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	451558

Name:	20200921_103316.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	451559Click image for larger version

Name:	20200921_103310.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	451560

The Blue Dream is growing great and has caught up to the to Grape apes in size wise so I transplanted the two of them, LOOK AT THEM ROOTS eh! I cut off some growth tips to reshape the plants, took two clones from each plant and thinned them out. I keep all the Phenotype I run in case I find some bomb genetic for mother plants, I try and run each plant with potential twice looking at things like how well they hold up in heat, resistance to bug's, nutrient use, training ability and of course how it smokes.

Name:	20200918_180822.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	451561

Name:	20200919_094852.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	451562

Name:	20200919_100310.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	451566
                  Everything is in its permanent home and I'm still working a few projects around things. All the photoperiod Plants are in 7 gallons pots with 6 inch pot root balls, this morning they each got 2 gallons of water/nutrient concentrated on the middle of pot, not water to the edges it produced about 50% runoff and I have add a fan on the floor runs under the pots to help dry the bottoms out that do not have root yet.

Name:	20200921_094957.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	451563

Name:	20200921_161724.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	451564
                  Iv got deficiencies running it course on the Grape ape plants and this is no suprise, here is a really good look at multiple mobile and immobile nutrient deficiencies.

Name:	20200921_222244.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	451565

If you remember I cut the nutrients and light from the Grape ape to slow them down now this needs to be addressed but I'm really not worried about the light green leaf, purple vein, and spots after all they have only been been fed twice in the last two or so weeks, I have to remember that For the most part they have just got calmag water all the other times with the adding of transplanting and Chopped on to the list, most of this growth will be removed down the road and my only concern is the damage could slow photosynthesis down for a short time. As fast as I wish they were going patience is a must right now and all I can really do for them and start feeding. There's a fine line between slowing of plant down and causing problems, technically I'm ahead of schedule for the grow year with the new lights working at lower watts hitting ppfd numbers for Veg, temperature from new fans in better check, heck Last year I didn't even have my big lights on at this time.

Photoperiod room

Name:	20200921_220330.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	451567

Sum it up, besides tinkering around with new things I'm just wait and watering. I'm really enjoying doing a detailed Journal, it's been years and really hard for me to get good pics of big floppy plants in this room under orange lights.
                  hope you all are enjoying the ride as much as I am.

Mr.Furley

Comment

Thanks for the update Mr.furley ! They're looking pretty damn good man.
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X