Newbie looking for some direction and opinion Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie looking for some direction and opinion Please

3 plants in veg , 2 choc kush and a holy grail at week 7 in a 3x3 tent with a 1200 watt king led. Looks good but worried I may have nipped and tucked a little too much . don't want many small nuggets. Topped and scrogged and the odd pinch. Not sure how much longer to veg them before flip . Appreciate your thoughts . All I have learned has been here for most part !
    Cheers
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Hi, newbie here. How much vertical room do you have in the tent? How far is the light from the top of the plants? My personal opinion is that from this camera angle at least, you can veg for more time (bigger plant = bigger yields) before the 'flip'. I guess it would depend on your vertical room, and just what kind of stretch you expect after the flip. If the plants are mostly indica, stretch should be less than sativa dominant plants. More veg time would allow the plants to spread out a little and should lead to larger colas and bigger buds. I have experienced some slow growth myself with cooler tent temperatures; I'm wondering if this is a condition you may have experienced as well. Are you using any nutes? Nice trellis, BTW, looking for one of those myself. Good luck!
    Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

Hi BG

They look okay (hard to tell but maybe some tip burn. On defoliating just think of it as taking the fan leaves that are blocking the bud sites from the light. If anytime you think you've abused leaf taking just wait a week and you'll see what it wants to do.
      Bubblehead
      4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
      4 Cures and a Life time gardener
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Appreciate the info guys . I have about 3.5 feet of height left in my tent and all temps are good, lights on 77 and lights out at 67. Have ducted cool air from outside coming in the tent as well as inline taking out the heat and stale air. No tip burn. All leaves look pristine 1200 watt LED is 30 inches from canopy. I have a security camera in the tent to monitor things and takes crappy snap shots. The 3 plants are each in 5 gal pail. Using nutes at 1/2 rate and Dakota Tea. I also balance PH to between 5.5 and 6.5 . I use a foliar spray of water and diluted Dakota tea daily wondering if I should stop. Perhaps that water cools them down and shocks them ??They are spreading well just not much stretching . They are about 16 inches at 7 weeks 2 days I have also taken 6 clones , 2 from each and they are in soil already and doing great. I was going to Veg another week or 2 then flip ????
        2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Your'e the boss here but I would suggest two more weeks of veg, at least, before the flip. Overwatering may be a concern as well (I'm certainly guilty myself). Saw a post on here claiming that 'misting' was not necessary, nutes come in thru the roots. Makes sense to me, as I have seen the best progress myself when I have been careful to not overwater.
          Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

I think everything looks great! I do see a few big fan leaves near top that I, personally, would remove. But that's your call. Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Hey jr! Welcome here fellow scrogger. Plants get their nutrients through the root system. That's what it's for. On top of risking burning your leaves under the lights you're inviting mold and powdery mildew through the gate. Once those buds start getting dense water and nutes will just sit there and fester, think swamp water, no good for our purpose! And you're probably right about bringing leaf temps down as well. The scrog and the lady look great! Are the leaves too dark or is is that what you meant by crappy shots?! I second karlee on the pruning, bring in the light. I think green75 has finally managed to drill that in my foggy brain...
              x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• William and Sue Ashley
                William and Sue Ashley commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with Lucky....but do research how much light exhaust for temp.....I just ordered a Lux meter....My cooling lights have completely cooled down since I got the exhaust going....I could lower them within 3" no heat but way to many Lumen's....They are 600watt MH and HPS....Dimmable Ballast...Good Luck...

Thanks very much everyone. I appreciate the quality of info and the fact people care on this site !!!! I am pulling a few fans off today. I left the girls for a week as I cloned and clipped a bit and wanted to give them a rest. I am going to stop the misting and appreciate that info. Humidity is averaging about 45% in the tent. The leaves are darker than many of my friends plants however these were UK seeds and they are doing local clones. Mine are indicas so I assumed they would be darker leaves. Do dark leaves indicate a problem perhaps ? I'm in no hurry to flip so can certainly let them go another couple weeks. I do see many in this forum going to flower after just 4 weeks of veg ? My plan was 8 week veg and 8 weeks flower.I have lots of head room yet and have rigged my light so I can get it up to only a few inches from the roof which is 6.5'. More than happy to wait longer to flip especially if yields will improve .
              Cheers from BC

Comment

Hey BG, welcome to the neighborhood. Your plants look good, albeit fuzzy. Some better pics from a couple different angles would do wonders. If you have that much vertical left, I'd let them veg more.

Regarding foliar spraying with tea, it's a great way to supplement your plant with beneficials. I wouldn't stop the foliar if it's not causing problems.

Comment

Thanks Royal Nugs ! I have read that foliar spray has benefits. But also concern for mildew etc. I have done it since the cloning stage every day. I was concerned it was stunting the stretch. Water at room temp.

Ill update the pics with some clarity!
                  Tks !

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X