Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown splotches on leaves and tips of leaves are brown and curling up

Hi all,

I am new to growing cannabis but am currently growing three plants all different strains. I am growing outdoors in organic soil. They are all three flowering at the moment. One of my plants has begun to show brown splotches with some yellowing around the splotches on the leaves and the tips are curling upwards and are also brown. Not sure if this is nutrient burn and some type of deficiency? I need help identifying what is going on and how to solve it!! Thank you so much!
    Attached Files

It seems to me like the only affected leaves are older. Most of the newer growth that I can see looks fine. You can simply remove the damaged leaves and bingo! All better.

Comment

Ive done that every day but it seems to keep coming back because there are always more leaves that seem to be affected the next day

Comment

Yeah, leaves tend to age out around the time plants are beginning flower. If new growth begins to be affected then you may have an issue to deal with but from what I can see it's all good. Too many times I've seen new growers get overly concerned about their fan leaves looking bad so they start throwing nutrients at them and creating real issues. A lack of nutrition kills plants very slowly while too much can kill them in a day. You gotta lot of healthy leaves there and a good looking grow. Keep an eye on them and my best guess is that it'll do fine.

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an outdoor plant that's in the ground. She has had similar markings on some leaves, but many of those have been yellow as well. @crucialbunny..."leaves tend to age out around the time plants are beginning flower" I don't recall having seen this before...but it makes sense when you say it that way. Fan leaves store energy for later use but I guess I haven't understood why they would 'age out' WHEN they did. My outdoor girl has a couple of branches that grew deformed leaves. Some with only 1 finger, some with 2 fingers, and a few with three fingers. It's mainly those leaves she started turning yellow and dropping. This began right after the solstice when pistils started showing up and those leaves are almost all gone. I'm guessing that she is using the weakest leaves first. But I don't really know.

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Golfnrl, I had 2 plants do that as well after a couple very hot days. From what I read heat can trigger re-veg in plants as indicated by single, double, and triple leaf growth. It's really created some issues. The lower leaves didn't re-veg, just the tallest colas. I'm now faced with some larfy bud below with amber trichomes and top colas covered in single leaves and clear trichomes. Luckily all my other plants are behaving normally.

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          I hadn't thought about heat and reveg as a possible reason this plant made the weird leaves. But it is hot and humid where I live.

Are you feeding anything?
        What I see is nute burns and root/PH issue. As said watch the new growth.

Comment

I have been giving it the maxsea fertilizer. What can I do about nutrient burn?

Comment

Reduce the amount given, flush, the burns are not repairable.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X