Epsom Salt/Molasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epsom Salt/Molasses

So my plants are about 11 weeks old and had a rough start and moving slow. I wanna boost their growth and foliage for a bountiful harvest and have added blood meal and azomite.

I just got my Epsom salt and black strap molasses in, should I add those in with my next feeding or...?
    Thanks in advance.

PS after I added the blood meal/azomite 1 plant started to wilt and show signs of stress or a nutrient overload.
    Any ideas?

Comment

You've added a lot of nitrogen to an auto plant that is close to flower. Blood meal is notorious for causing lockout in plants. Molasses does not feed plants. It feeds the microorganisms in your soil that aids in the absorption of nutrients. I suggest a good long flush if you're developing burn. In a week start adding some Epsom and the molasses to your regular water feeds. When you get into flower you can add a little kelp meal as well.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        When I look at the label on my organic molasses.
        They contain a good amount of iron and calcium and Copper.
        So it’s easy to do overboard with molasses too.
        The sugar in the mix is the good stuff for the soil, because the plants need a lot of sugar for develop fat flowers fx.
        And normally they produce the sugar at the day and processed it at the night time.
        Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 08-27-2020, 05:09 AM.

They are all photo period seeds.

Comment

Got some Epsom salt. How much per gallon in soil? Also any idea how much Epsom salt per gallon in DWC?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X