Leaves turning brown and yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves turning brown and yellow

Click image for larger version  Name:	84E6D0E1-935F-49A7-BFDB-0F4679150E86.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	439962Click image for larger version  Name:	image_116407.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	439959Click image for larger version  Name:	image_116405.jpg Views:	4 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	439957Click image for larger version  Name:	8299AE4E-D5A7-47E9-9D23-D4EDF294E2DE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	439960 New grower and was mainly just growing out of boredom during quarantine, but then my plant began to thrive Until the past month or so. The leaves have been getting patchy and dry and dying off. The plant went from looking like a plant to a tree because of how many leaves have died and it’s continuing to happen but not sure why.

It was in a smaller pot which I read could have caused it to get root bound so I recently repotted it into this bigger container and added new soil which is just regular organic potting mix and some perlite for drainage.

It’s been about a week and the leaves still look like they’re dying. What am I missing? I don’t see any pests nor do I think it’s mold. I have sprayed it with Neem Oil with fungicide about 3-4 times over the course of 2 months so it should be treated for that.

I did also add the tiniest bit of diluted miracle grow plant food the week before repotting but not since.

I keep it in a bright south facing windowsill and it gets about 5-6 hours of direct sun a day. I use a moisture meter to gauge when to water and the ph meter says it’s alkaline.

Im not a serious grower so I’m not doing anything special other than trying to keep it healthy happy and alive just as I do with any of my other plants. What am I missing?
    Last edited by RookieNYC; 08-24-2020, 12:04 AM.

You're not doing anything wrong. Like your split leaf philodendron, you're growing a houseplant. It's not going to develop into much else than that without more light and proper nutrition. Cannabis can do well early on in a window as a houseplant but now it's not getting enough sunlight. It'll eventually flower. continue to drain itself, and put out a few larfy buds. Light is the key to a healthy vibrant plant and window sills seldom provide enough throughout it's life cycle.

Comment

Dont worry with the old leaves, you cannot repair them. They will continue to be drained yellow and fall off. Watch the new growth, BTW the leaves say Root/PH issue, did you feed her something?

Comment

Yep basic 101 photosynthesis it's reaching for light.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Ok, so it’s basically doing as well as it can as a basic houseplant (which is how I’m treating it) but obviously it needs much more direct sun.....

I guess my only option now if I want it to get better is to move it away from the window and get a grow light?

Comment

• Smerft85
            Smerft85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Or move it outside and let it bloom. You would need to wean it onto sunlight before you leave it outdoors.

Unfortunately I live in an apartment in NYC so outdoor growing isn’t an option without it being extremely obvious. So grow light seems to be my best option I suppose...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X