Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to adjust nutrients for a 45 day life cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to adjust nutrients for a 45 day life cycle?

My first time grow is Critical Poison FAST fem seeds by 00 Seeds. They can go from seed to harvest in 40-45 days, according to the internet 🤞, and should be easy to grow.

How is do I adjust my nutrient schedule to compensate for less time without sacrificing health? Just lob off the last few weeks on the chart? It can have large yields, so it seems like it should eventually get the later stage nutrient doses. I have several days before I’ll need to start nutrients, so I’m trying to get my head around it. Thank you.
    2 Hulkberry Autos, 1 LSD Auto, 1 Dos-Si-Dos Cookies Auto

My first grow ever! Except for mold in my fridge.
    In VERY Illegal, USA

4- 5gal DWC w/ top feed
    48x60x80 tent
    600w SE HID
    6” exhaust fan
    6” active intake
    GH Flora trio (hardwater) + Hydroguard + CaliMagic

Using:
    Tap water
    Frozen water bottles to keep temps between 64-72 (as close to 68 as possible)

Hey Kayjan, i just had a look at your seeds at 00 Seeds and also checked another seller as well. I think 00 seeds write up is a little misleading. The 40-45 day is the flower time, not the complete growing time. These seeds are Photos so they need some veg time before you decide when to flip them to 12/12. Then once you see some flowers starting, thats when you start counting your 40-45 days.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Like Homegrown mentioned, your plants have a 45 day flower period, so in essence once you go into flower you have 45 days until harvest. In order to give advice it would be helpful to know it you're under lights or outdoors. Because your plant is a photo it is critical to know if you can manipulate the amount of light or if you're at the mercy of daylight hours. Under lights you can grow in veg as long as you want and flip when they are at the size you want and do your nutrients when you want.

Comment

Oh boy i bet this grower did not know this info on the seed strain. I don't know it either for this strain but would sure lead a newbie into believing seed to harvest 45days. That's crazy.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I looked at this strain since I was looking for a fairly fast one. From greybeardseeds it says from seed to harvest 40-45 days, that’s not just a little misleading. I had done enough research to know that I didn’t think it was possible. This along with a few other anomalies in some of their ads made me stay away from 00.

I just want to tell you i've seen this site and i notice another error on this greybeardseeds. I read a description of indica vs sativa and they had it backwards all the way. I read it a couple times, it was wrong.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This is the issue I have with most breeders is they are so miss leading. I have seen these "fast seeds" on a few breeders sites, and xena is right they do say from seed to harvest in x amount of days. Then when you look up the flower time and you think well how can that be? The only way it could be done is to straight 12/12 right from seed. In which case is technically not misleading.
          3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
          1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
          1000w Tolys led (burple)
          Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
          Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
          No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

Yeah, I got so excited that it was “seed to harvest in 45 days” that I didn’t even recognize they weren’t autos until the day I asked this question. I emailed the breeder a point blank asked them if their description is wrong. They didn’t say the word “yes” but they did tell me it’s flowering time alone. This first go round I wanted to stick to autos, so it was a bummer. Soooo happy you guys were here to catch it for me before I dove in.
            2 Hulkberry Autos, 1 LSD Auto, 1 Dos-Si-Dos Cookies Auto

My first grow ever! Except for mold in my fridge.
            In VERY Illegal, USA

4- 5gal DWC w/ top feed
            48x60x80 tent
            600w SE HID
            6” exhaust fan
            6” active intake
            GH Flora trio (hardwater) + Hydroguard + CaliMagic

Using:
            Tap water
            Frozen water bottles to keep temps between 64-72 (as close to 68 as possible)

Comment

• Xena
              Xena commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you should be glad they’re not autos, if these really do flower in ~6weeks then they should be almost as fast as most autos. I’m a first timer and wish I would have started with some photos, mistakes early on with these autos are really bad where with the photos you can just veg a couple extra weeks. Wish I had a couple extra weeks with mine.....oh well thinking I’ll have a little bit of smoke and a better gasp of what to do with my next batch.

• Cheesy
              Cheesy commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm a 1st time grower too and that was my first mistake. On the ILGM website, I saw 9 weeks and thought it was seed to harvest. So, I bought their White Widow Auto and later saw the word "Flowers" in front of the 9 and wondered what the heck does that mean? Live and learn...

My last grow was critical kush from RQS and all my plants was harvested in week 6, with 20% amber. 6 weeks in veg and 6 weeks in bloom. 12 weeks total for 5 photos strains with a yield on 220gram. Never did that on a auto run
            6 weeks is 42 days, so it’s possible for sure. It all depends on experience.
            this I why I don’t think an auto is a good beginner strain. I tried 50 autos before even started on photo strains. One or two mistakes for a auto run and yield is hurting in the end. And a beginner will do some mistakes on the first grow.

RQS have “fast flowering” strains too. But I really believe if you make mistakes or stun the growth under the flowering - you will exceed and use more weeks than the “estimated time”
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X