No announcement yet.

Another Grow #13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to grow NuggetMan you are right on with that timing, lots of patience. Big ol sativas take a good long time to ripen and you are so good with being patient. Now just do what your doing support those big drippy colas they look excellent "
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Good Morning! Today marks the 11th week of flower and I gotta be getting close for harvesting!!! Still on trichome watch and waiting for the hair to get to that "just right" percentage!!! What do you think??? Plant 1 are 1st six pics, Plant 2 the next 6 pics... Only have this next week to decide when to cut these ladies down!!! Buds are getting heavy now, time for propping up and tying together as they are getting nice and plump!!! Very dense and smells really good!!!

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        They've got at least a week and maybe a bit longer. I've cut down some Bruce Banner that looked a lot like those. The smoke was disappointing.

• NuggetMan
        NuggetMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry to hear that your grow did not go as expected. Supposidly Bruce Banner is supposed to be some bomb from what I have read. I cannot say this is what I am growing since I never wrote down names of the different cannabis I have come across over the years. I have had store quality or better, some with no flavor or taste BUT the buzz was still good, and lastly, I have had garbage as well. I can grow 6 plants all the same way and they will all come out different!!! Soil, Nutrients, Water, Lighting, and how you train your plants can all affect they way your plant turns out. After 13 grows, I am still coming across different issues with each grow.

• UndergroundFarmer
        Editing a comment
        Bruce was mixed in with some faster finishers in that grow. I decided against better judgment to chop because everything else was ready to go. Luckily, I've got a pretty good stash of it from a previous grow and that stuff is indeed the bomb.

Today: Wednesday 11/11/2020. As comparing to what the buds looked like yesterday, today I can see now a noticeable change in the amount of red hairs increased as the white hairs have decreased. I must be really close to cut the ladies down soon!!! I have also noticed of what looks like the beginning of slight fox tailing as well or is it just the buds still swelling up? I may even have my son come over and take a look just to have a second set of eyes!!! I am also wondering if I shouldn't give them 1 last watering with just plain pH water and molasses before they get cut down by this week-end because Sunday will be exactly 12 weeks (end of the Prime Window to harvest). These almost remind me of Grow #11, hope they come out as good!!!
      Last edited by NuggetMan; 11-11-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning from Oregon NuggetMan beautiful flowers still producing pistils on some. See those very swollen calyxes that and along with the white stigmas going orange/brown curling it's another to look at. I was just doing some reading on calyxes refresh my memory cause these in my tent look like yours not as big of long colas but age about the same. I start to just give water to flush the roots if i've given bloom prior else i just use water/unsulferated molassess on last watering then let it dry out with lights on the soil that is. Man those are great looking. How far from the lights are those?

• NuggetMan
        NuggetMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Good Morning from California!!!
        Lights: Plant 1 they are about 1 and 1/2 hands from the lights. the other one id about 4-6 hands away from the lights. They are all at the same height. Here is a picture to give you an idea...Will post on separate post...
        Last edited by NuggetMan; 11-12-2020, 12:06 PM.

My lights from tops of Plants 1 and 2. I took this sitting down, not standing up... As you can see, Plant 1 is taller than Plant 2, as this was the result from LST. Plant 2 spead out like a Christmas tree where as Plant 1 outgrew the LST and went back up... There may be a foot difference in height. Last water with molasses fed yesterday, nothing til harvest time possibly by this week-end Sunday at the very latest. They are looking really good!!! I hope they turn out as good as they look!!! usually after the last Flower nutes feeding up to 2 weeks before harvest, I use only water and molasses but not doing the "heavy" flushing that I started doing when all this began just because of the less amount used for nutes and spacing of watering days and I only give each plant 1/2 gallon of treated water at every watering to get just enough run-off from the bottom of the pot OR unless the leaves start to droop. It still comes out clean burning and you don't hack up a lung!!!
      Last edited by NuggetMan; 11-12-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

***UPDATE*** TODAY 11-15-2020 MARKS THE END OF 12 WEEKS OF FLOWER!!! I was glad my son came over yesterday to look at the girls and in his opinion 1 got chopped down yesterday (to him, it was ready) and have 1 more to do possibly later on today or tomorrow (depends on if my trichomes lower down the plant turn white). At least this time I got my indicators (what's left of fan leaves) turning color showing the plant is using up what is left in the leaves. The last one may go today...

Now to get Grow # 14 going...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thing having young eyes it is getting harder for me. I pulled mine from the tent to view them in the bathroom better lighting and i water them in the tub less mess. I still see cloudy on mine maybe my daughter will be able to see the trichs better LOL. My leaf not turning yellow just all purple leaf almost black there GSC. I'm going just water&molass LOL they got there last bloom food 5days ago and the pots were still abit heavy soooo they are not drying out or drinking either much.

I thought I would take some final pictures of Plant 1 before she meets the end. Almost all the trichomes are white with a few clear, you can see the obvious leaf yellowing. So probably by the end of today is when I will probably do the chop.

Comment

Since cutting down my babies, and the weather changing too, I have notice it's going to take longer to hang plants to dry out ( usually only takes 2-3 days). SLOW CURE for sure!!!

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
            Editing a comment
            That usually means better smoke for the longer drying and curing in cooler weather. I'm about to chop this weekend with temps hanging around 66-70 and RH at 40-50% and couldn't be happier about it. Those same conditions in the tent seem to be good for buds maturing too.

I though I would run this by y'all to see what you may think? This last grow produced 2 plants and they have been dried and cured over the last 2 to 3 weeks. 1 smells really good, the other smells like.... hoo-wee!! Good Lord! Now get this, there is NO MOLD anywhere on the buds. Smells like ammonia or "cat piss"!!! I have left it out to air but to no avail, the smell is that strong!!! I smelled regular ammonia and not quite the same, nor does it smell like urine. STINKY WEED!!! Even my son had 1 that smelled exactly the same, that is just the way it is! Whoever developed this kind of weed, what where you thinking???!!!

***UPDATE*** 12/17/2020. The results are in. The guinea pig (me) survived, still alive and well. Took a chance today on my stinky "cat piss" buds because I just "had to know" one way or the other if it was good or bad, moment of truth! Picked 1 nice bud, scrutinized under the best light I have and magnifying glass, jewelers loupes at 3 different powers (overkill?) just to make sure that there was no mold present. IF there was just a hint of anything being fuzzy ( I wish I had a lab microscope to get a better look at it!) off it came! and it was super small but yet questionable ( I wonder if it possibly could have been just trichomes stuck together? The rest of the bud was clean.) It did not smell bad away from the jar and the bud condition was perfect as I was concerned it would be too dry when cutting it up, again, no smell. It burned clean and slow, the taste was clean with no hint of the "smell" which surprised me and reminded me slightly of "back in the day" Mexican cannabis The end result was creeper, "eye" buzz, smile and alert. Sometimes surprised come up when you least expect them to!!! Fromm super leery to quite surprised am I!
          Last edited by NuggetMan; 12-17-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep i got a jar left of that " smells of a old truckers seat " LOL it's just ugly. I traded 2 quarts of it for some CBD lotion just gaged me LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X