Dilemma 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma 2020

What an odd year! So far I have made seed on a number of plants, most I cut down. However the last 2 (a Dresden Green Diamond and a Shock Trauma) I cut the ripe seeded buds from and they are regrowing fresh flowers. It looks as I will be doing multiple harvests as the buds develop on these 2 girls. With flower season just getting ready to start everything I have ('cept an accidental sprout) is in flower now, well heres the dilemma. As the plants start to flower, in the past I have gone in and taken out all the little larf so the other buds get all the food. With this odd year I am thinking about leaving these, taking buds as they mature and see just how long we can do this on which plant!
    So whats your thought, should I take it off as usual, or, should I leave it and hope it too can make buds?

This entire summer, entire year - has been a dilemma no matter where ya are. I believe we have OK tornado weather in NW WA this morning. Sakes!
    If it was me, being as how this whole summer is an experiment - I'd leave the little ones to see what happens. God knows we'll not be able to replicate this weather, ever. If you have enough to smoke, why not see what happens?
    Unless you got someplace else to be, lol

Comment

1 BB3 yielded enuf to carry me almost a year, just opened my last jar, I have 2 out there this year, 1 the size of last years and 1 larger. A pair of GG4s, Super Skunk Kush, Shock Trauma, Dresden Green Diamond, Tajikistani hash plant, Sour Tangie and a pair of Mazar I Shariffs. Its gonna be a good Christmas this year even if I cant go anydamnplace!

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a nice planet we've got but you gotta get off of it every now and then.

I have always allowed my larf bud to remain inside my plants because I use it extensively for my edibles and balms. It's never as impressive as dense cola buds but seems to deliver just as much punch as the trophies. In the commercial world trim and larf is money in the bank for them. By the pound it can be worth more than shelf product. Edibles and topical ointments are very popular among medical users.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love a peek at your recipe book! I've used concentrates and my dab reclaim to make some pretty devastating edibles. No one can resist a cupcake! I have to put signs on my stuff like Alice in Wonderland. "Don't eat this if you need to work with a tool." "This is not the breakfast you are looking for..." Lol.

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't do anything special. Decarb trim in the oven, grind to a powder, and add to my homemade rocky-road fudge. The creamy fudge allows you to put the powder right into the mix and it not be grainy. Balm, is just decarbed trim cooked slowly in coconut oil, bee's or soy wax, vitamin E oil and eucalyptus oil, and then strain it off through cheese cloth. I put the pan in an ice bath and whip it until emulsified.

I think I will do each plant as I think it needs to be, the SSK needs a trim, the others not so much. Its just such a weird plant, self topped(?) it went 10 way, what can I say, shes a freak!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X