Plant Training Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Training Discussion

First top and beginning of manifolding. It's almost gut wrenching doing it but... fat nugs bros. Fat. Fucking. Nugs.

What plant training works for you? How are your yields?

I like to top my girls at least twice.
    I normally allow the plant to grow to the 5th node and top back to the 4th.
    I also leave the 3rd node but strip everything else.
    That produces 4 main tops, and if the girl is growing well I will top the upper branches again to give a total of 6 main stems.
    I've done up to 10 tops, but I found better results with 6.

I veg for 5-6 weeks to develop the structure I want and then flower.
    Most of the girls yield from 3/4 to 1.25 pound dried flower/plant.
    Last edited by gbauto; 08-20-2020, 10:55 PM.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Covid420
      Covid420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice nice. This is my first grow. See how she goes. I started counting nodes at first set of 5 leaves and topped to 3rd. If I count all the nodes its technically a node 5 top. But I'll count those nodes when I top auto flowers. I know I know. Ill advised to HST autos but I've seen some mad results. I should be able to copy.

I'll give plants 3 days to recover then I'll bend out flat using hooked 12 gauge straight wire. Let them grow three nodes and top to second. Or maybe four nodes and top to third. Havent decided. Trying to be patient with these photo periods. Bend out flat again and wait.

After that I'll repeat for 8 total main colas. After plant is
      roughly half the size I want I'll transition to 12 12 over a week that I wont count as a flower week. But will initiate feeding bloom nutes at 1/4 strength. Also bud blood for 2 weeks.

If you stick with a manifold and give it enough time to veg properly you’ll be happy. 3rd week of flower

Comment

• Covid420
      Covid420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ya baby. I start third week of veg count this sunday. Plan on 6-8 week veg.

i going to try manifolding next time just having the confidence let me know how u get on with autoflowers covid cheers mate

Comment

• Covid420
      Covid420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I topped and they havent shown any signs of stress. Topped 2 hours before lights off.

I’ve only grown autos twice. The first time I let them grow natural to see what they were like and only got about a 1/2oz per plant. My 2nd grow I LST’d them all over to their side once they were about 5” tall and used tomato rings to keep colas apart as they grew. Results looked like a manifold without any cutting and I got close to 2oz per plant. There’s a pic a couple weeks before harvest.
    Attached Files

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Just bc someone posts a grow journal and says they got over a pound off two plants doesn’t mean they actually got two pounds off of two plants.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      bboyfromwayback who said anything about 2 pounds?

• Covid420
      Covid420 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bad I thought autos. Impressive yield nonetheless. Also hydro system. Seems like the best system for cannabis. If you have the time and patience to maintain.

Here is my WW about a month before harvest. Manifold/mainline, broke a branch so I had to improvise. 39" tall but only yielded about 5oz as I made soooooo many mistakes. First was improper use of my ferts. The quality was premo tho
    Attached Files
    3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
    1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
    1000w Tolys led (burple)
    Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
    Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
    No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

• Covid420
      Covid420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got 3 ww right now one GC. One ww stunted from.first transplant shock. My fault. Learned from it tho. Girls loving the nute concoction I'm delivering. What were you using and what was your mistake? For veg right now I'm using AN

Rhino skin
      Sensical mag xtra
      B52
      Sensi grow A/B
      Sensizym
      Bud candy
      Carbo load

Coco coir 50/50 perlite. Just put in final pots (25 litre auto pot XL) about a week ago. Saturating all medium to feed microbes as well. Soaked my coco in a microbial mass solution 24 hours before transplant.

• MrMagic
      MrMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      I used advanced nutrients bloom micro and grow along with black strap molasses for the last 5 weeks of bud. The mistake I made with them where improper use. I got them halfway through the veg cycle and didnt realize that your supposed to mix all 3 parts and feed 2 on 1 off through the entire grow. I used the micro and grow only through the veg cycle, then micro and bloom only for the first 4 weeks of bloom. That's when I realized I made a mistake. I didnt use enough either, I was mixing 1tsp per liter the entire time instead of increasing each week.
      Other mistakes I made where climate, lighting, and too many bud sites. They just didnt dense up, I only got 7oz from 2 plants. The one in the pic was the biggest.
      It was great smoke though, it just didnt weigh up. I was disappointed with the weights only. Overall I was happy with the results as it was my first tent grow and I knew there would be a learning curve. I still have a long way to go though lol.
      Last edited by MrMagic; 08-22-2020, 12:55 PM.

I think it is possible to yield a lb off 2 autos and I have had 12 oz from my last grow with two Berry Bomb autos

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it ain't easy to do, i won't set my expectations that high with my auto grows.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I think you’re right about expectations. I was thinking before I started and decided I had two goals with my grow.
      1. Get all three to harvest alive.
      2. Out of three autos 2oz I wouldn’t be disappointed but also wouldn’t be really happy, 3oz I would be pretty happy, 4oz+ and I’d be ecstatic.

• Covid420
      Covid420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Watch "nebula haze manifold" pt 1-5 on youtube by dubxxl

He mainline his autos and he has one that is like 6 feet tall and looks like it has a pound on it. In the first part he showcases.

Right there with ya Xena
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I think that was part of my problem on my last grow which was my first tent grow. To high of expectations. I've harvested 1.5lbs or more off of small WW plants out doors. So I was expecting a minimum of 12oz off a 39" plant. What I got was 12oz outa 3 plants. You just cant beat the power of the sun lol. My expectations are much lower on this grow of white banner .
      1000w Tolys led (burple)

Comment

• Covid420
        Covid420 commented
        Editing a comment
        My LM301H Samsung chip led with cree UVB and infrared capability should help me a lot. 4 panel in a 4x4 tent I think 3500k cant remember. At 50% power 18" away I'm at 40-42k lux. Combined with advanced nutrients out the wazoo and mainkinging. I'm hoping for bare minimum 8 oz a plant. 16 oz a plant would be cool though. All dependent on the autopot working well really.

Here's a coupla pix on one of my White Banner manifold. It's a photo and took me 11 weeks to get to this point. At 11 weeks it hit 16" which is when I flipped to 12/12. Its had 3 full days of 12/12 and if the white widow traits hold then it should finish up about 39". This is only my 2nd time manifolding but I'm trying to get this mastered, as the theory behind it seems sound in my mind.
      Attached Files
      1000w Tolys led (burple)

Comment

Nebula haze method is a little different on GWE and then this guy on youtube dubxxl has a pretty cool method as well. That's the one I'm going to follow for 8 colas. This is my first grow ever. Here's my first top/bend

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X