Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on with some of the new growers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going on with some of the new growers?

Ok guys, i'm taking a break from the site. I dont understand why some people ask questions on this site but dont want to hear the feedback. I know i dont know everything but there are a lot of things that i do know and if i am not sure i make sure to mention that in my answers. Just cant help some people. Most of yall are great, but some of the newbies i just dont have the patience for. Love most of yall. Peace.

Sorry to hear your not going to be here. Im always on here and admire the knowledge you have totally understand why you might want a break for your sanity. Hope you return soon.

Comment

u need to stay man bollocks to that idiot u know your stuff always give good advice some people u just cant help if u reply they dont listen dont help them again but thanks for saving my plants mate

Comment

• Crowdad
        Crowdad commented
        Editing a comment
        Yikes! It looks like I really touched a nerve. I should explain I'm not only new to growing but to forums as well. I did push back on Tersky's advice but I eventually came around to accepting it after everyone else chimed in and I checked with Vipar Spectra. Now I see I've offended a key member and I'm screwing things up for everyone. Yes, bollocks to me and please vote me off the island if that helps. In true Canadian fashion I must say, I'm sorry. By the way, when Canada takes over the world, we'll all be sorry

I just don't respond to the totally inane questions.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree. You can recognize the ones that really need help and want to learn. Some people just won’t believe experienced growers because newbies talk so much more and claim to know everything

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup - just cuz they got some dirty bag weed sprouted they want their hand held through the whole process.

I feel you bro! Sometimes I won’t chime in but I’ll see how the conversation goes and I’m glad I didn’t afterwards. Other times I will if it’s something fairly simple then they make me wish I’d not said anything. Then some are great lol I won’t let the Askholes (that’s what we call people at work who ask a technical question only to argue over your answer) taint this forum. Wish I’d stumbled upon it a long time ago. The site itself is very helpful and a lot of the members know their shit.

Comment

Well it's like school some folks have hard heads some absorb like a sponge others just need to trust us on this site. OK to get second opinions or other views but it's like we almost have to say " we don't want you to F up your grow, we don't give any BS snake oil tricks we've all been there or most have so just absorb the correct info and shut up and figure it out." That's my 1cent
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Peace to you Tersky. Although I've only been here a short time, from what I've seen you've contributed some very sage advice to many growers both old and new.

Comment

Ok, I really stepped in it. I'm an askhole! Please come back Tersky. I'll stay away.
            4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Good job Crowdad stick around he'll come back later. Lately it's like a pre school here, must be lock down madness

Don’t get your knickers in a bunch. I have stepped on my own dick many a times. If your a novice grower, questioning a seasoned grower can be a land pitfalls cause they will speak from their experience where your experience as a novice maybe different. I like to describe growing as a fluid thing ever changing and moving. So Tersky your good take a break and we will see you again. And Crowdad your good too, don’t run away asking questions is how I learn too.
            4x4 flower tent
            sour dream
            Blue Diesel
            Trainwreck
            platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
            Green Dream
            Sour Dream
            blue dream
            Freakshow

Comment

Thanks for the support. When he comes back I'll ask his forgiveness.
              4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Comment

No idea what transpired but don’t worry about it. Stuff happens. I totally get where he’s coming from though. I’ve only been on here a few months but shits got weird lately. When I first found this forum advice was mostly solid. Anymore someone will ask a question and people will answer them but they’ll say in their response that they’re a newbie. In my humble opinion, if you don’t have first hand knowledge then don’t chime in and give out bad advice. You really have to filter responses anymore. It’s gotten to the point where if I ask a question I’ll start off by saying not to respond unless you’re experienced in whatever I’m inquiring about

Comment

GWE is a huge part of my curriculum. I wonder if some folks find the forum first, and not the actual GWE site before they join the forums. There is a large population of younger people who want someone to do the work for them - like an app on a smartphone. They are not interested in learning or reading about how to do it right - and then actually doing it. Too much like school. Those are the people who aren't ready to do this yet. I've seen people ask for help and then disagree with every person that tries to help. If you ask questions and then kick everyone who tries to help in the nuts, no one wants to be your friend, lol.
                  I'm not new to gardening. New kind of plant, and new to doing it indoors. Cannabis is a just another plant. I'm literally growing weeds inside my house and caring for them, lol. It can't be that hard if you follow directions. Prior gardening experience is a big help and most stuff translates well. But some of it doesn't.

I know my first grow was a miracle. It basically doesn't count. It was an accident that had a happy ending. I used it to get my technical sh!t together and dial in with all the great advice just picked up from what other folks ask. And reading GWE.
                  This time I'm doing it for keeps from the git-go and its really not that hard unless you are battling elements you have no control over - like weather. But everything else? Just gotta listen and learn from the people who've already done it a million times, and apply what I learn to the best of my ability.

Appreciate every one of you <3
                  Thanks

Comment

I don't want to harp on this but looking back I see the main problem is that I'm a nerd that reaches straight for the instructions and trusts them implicitly. I was convinced that Vipar was making lights specifically tailored to cannabis growing and their little table of times and distances was the only truth. Stupid. I've since found posts that said they saw the same Vipar instructions but thought they weren't right. Sadly I didn't have that intuition. The tutorial said follow the manufacturers instructions. In my case they weren't relevant and in the time it took to figure that out I embarrassed the crap out of myself. It was also stupid to come charging in telling everyone how it is after reading a few tutorials and planting a few seeds a couple weeks ago. I was wired on all that great information! Plus the excitement of my first grow. So Tersky and all, I ask your forgiveness.

Comment

I will Answer All Bullshit Questions and just Plain Ol asinine Question you might have pulled from the berry deepest part of your Abdullah oblongata
                      420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
                      Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
                      2 Lemon Skunk Plants
                      (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
                      CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

Crowdad well said, and you can't believe everything you read, like nutrition schedules. I agree with what AccidentalGardener had to say. A lot of the questions I read and some of the replies, I have to just shake my head and sigh. People need to go to the top of the page and dip into the well of knowledge that is G.W.E. Peace out

Comment

• USMCnoviceMedical
                          USMCnoviceMedical commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes G.W.E was the greatest find I made several years ago when I first started growing. Though this is the first time I have ever joined a forum group the web site was a tremendous resource of information. I still read over parts every grow just to make sure I'm doing things right. Always do your research first.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X