Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transplanted seedlings in soil into Coco Coir: watering advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplanted seedlings in soil into Coco Coir: watering advice?

I just transplanted some seedlings from soil into Coco Coir. Of now the main root structure is still in the soil area and is hopefully branching into the coir. I understand that Coir requires more frequent water than soil, so I'm wondering how much I should water it. Should I water it when the coir looks dry, or when the soil in the middle is dry?

Coco does not require more water. It requires a different ph range. Water with nutes and cal mag around 6.0 ph till about 20% runoff and then wait for pot to be light to pick up.

Comment

How large is the soil plug the seedling is in?
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Basic
        Basic commented
        Editing a comment
        A little less than a pint

yes tersky is right but i also wait for the top layer of cc to be dry and it is a totally different color then when its damp it keeps green algae down on air pots and median also no one asked what type of pot u using because i only have exp with air pots.

Comment

• Basic
        Basic commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm using Air Pots too, thanks!

Water when the pot is light when you pick it up..dont worry about the color of the coco..top layer always dries out fast. Should never have green algae on coco..especially air pots..way too wet. I do the same with indoor and out..water them really good...and dont give them anything until their really light when u pick them up.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X