Wet curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet curing

hello my Friends, i read an article about "wet curing", wherer you soak your buds underwater for 7 days, and it comes out super clean smoke with no smell or taste, so I thought I would try it. here's what it looks like? any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Its something Ive not tried to my knowledge will be intrested to hear what you think after you have sampled it though.

Comment

thats the problem, i don't know if i want to sample it, its brown, lol. i did read that soaking out takes all the chlorophyll out. maybe thats why its brown?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, I have smoked a lot of brown weed, some straight off the dead plant.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        It kinda does look awful but you should try it and tell us what’s the deal.. you know for science and stuff haha. I’m sure I’ve tried water cured because it’s common practice with Mexican brick weed

For me, no smell or taste is not a good thing. I too will be interested in your thoughts after sampling has been done.

Comment

You just made seaweed. 🤮

Comment

Did you changer the water daily? Watch the ppm's stabilize? Distilled water?

I was not a fan of the no taste water cure.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Never heard of this....why would you want tasteless and odorless weed? i dont see many trich on the buds..is it still sticky? Have you blasted one yet? inquiring minds want to know..lol
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
            Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
            Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Seems counter intuitive to my sensibilities. It's hard to really give much input when I'm only seeing the "after" photo. It would have been nice to see the bud prior to it's week-long bath. I only last week learned of washing product before cure. I'm learning a lot of new ideas on this forum. Thanks for sharing -

Comment

I'm pretty blazed right now. Came here because I thought it said wet trimming. Didn't ever read the post. Nope. Went straight to the comment section, typed out a good 2 paragraphs about the struggles I had with wet trimming then decided to go up to read the post.

Always read the post before you light up. Wise words.
                Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
                FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

hello my friends, thanks for the comments. I did use filtered water, changed it daily for 7 days. left the container open, so it could breath. I agree with the fact that, why would you water tasteless, and no smell smoke, but it's also supposed to provide very clean and smooth smoke. it's like using the volcano vaporizer. I have a few friend that love those things. here what the weed looks like, with a normal drying process. going to do the final trim and jar today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don’t get why you’d want to lose the smell and taste if you smoke weed

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s a practice used by farmers to be able to get the weed dried and cured. Pressed into bricks and shipping with in 10 days from harvest

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X