Top harvest/Whole harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top harvest/Whole harvest

So I actually ran into a problem I never read up on until now. The top of my colas are huge. Dense. Beautiful😍😢... Anyways, anyways... The lower bud sites have white hairs still and aren't very big at all (maybe the size of a good ole jaw breaker. ) My question is, has anyone harvested the top half or top 1/3 qnd left the rest to grow fully? Will the chop hurt the plant so much that the lower buds won't bounce back? Eh, I'm being carful guys. I'm at the end of this beautiful 1st journey (Gjourney101 = Grow Journey ) and don't want to waste time or energy. Any comments appreciated
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Many times i've had to and will continue to " sequential" harvest as it ripens. You got this big old tree shading these lower flowers this is also why LST helps at least for me.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm doing the chop tonight! Can't wait. The buds on top look fully ripened. Gonna jist take the tops and see what the rest brings
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

I took seeded bud from 2 plants a month ago, they are doing very well. The first I did over 4 days, by the last trim the first was already regrowing fresh flowers. The second I did in 1 day, and it too is doing very nice and growing new flowers! From the new growth I'll be taking bud as it ripens leaving others to fatten up.
        What a year!

Comment

I'm facing exactly the opposite issue. Due to re-veg on my upper colas from a heat issue, the bottom bud sites are ready to go while the tops are a few weeks behind now.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            How odd crucialbunny i don't think I've had that issue? My out door reveg plants are doing real good after a ton of stripping and lollipopping bottom parts so pleased i did this but what alot of work. The trunks look horrible like brown growths but they are not just dead calaxies warted looking but the tops are very healthy and all are in flower. I almost took a weedeater to them i was so discusted. But nothing to loose so i had the time and patience ( sort of ) and gave them i think a healthy growing life. Until i take the machete to them heehee sorry about my mispelled words.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X