Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I determine the strain of a bag seed plant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I determine the strain of a bag seed plant??

Hi folks! First post here and may I say what an excellent website. Thanks for the work of the hosts and all the others that work hard to make this the best site of its kind.

My question concerns finding the strain of a bag seed plant. We popped some seeds of unknown strain and WOW, winner winner. No idea what it is though. We have produced clones and they are quite healthy. Right now we call it IDK, It seems to be leaning indica because it will couch lock your butt.

Are there labs that can determine genetics so we can get an idea what strains are involved?

Thanks again for this fantastic wealth of knowledge.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

No clue except knowing leaf difference between those strains. Fat leaf indica skinny leaf sativa. The more amber in the trichomes the couchlock sets in. Lucky you good job keeping the clones Great to see a photo? Did she get colorful leaf?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for your response! I don't currently have a pic available, but I will get one and post when I can. It definitely has the Indica couch lock though.
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

There are labs in western states where recreational has been legal for a while that certify THC/CBD content and terpene profiles. They might be able to give you a list of probables, but there are just so many varieties that are almost indistinguishable from one another, it will be tough. Even when samples are supposed to be from the same variety, they don't always match up very well because of phenotypes, growing conditions and seed suppliers selling their own versions of popular ones. If it came from bagseed, did you get any male plants in the mix? A minority of varieties are available as regular seeds these days. If you got all females, it could mean that the plant that provided your bag of bud went hermaphroditic. Certain varieties are more likely than others to do that than others, especially when it isn't wanted and the grower isn't careful. How was the quality of the bud the seeds came from? If it was decent, it was likely grown near you and the dealer may know if you ever get a chance to ask. Back in my black market days, it was always either brickweed that started out as Mexican sativa or better yet, some local hydro Skunk or Afghani.

Honestly, you'll be doing well to narrow it down to a list of ten possibilities.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I refer to mine as "Royal IDK" and people just accept that.

Comment

I have one this year that was an idk plant, named it savage kush and its huge! I have an idea of what I think it really is, but no way I've ever heard of to find out what a mystery strain is. Only things I know for sure, I've had the mom and accidental dad in my garden previously, and shes the most massive sativa I've ever produced in my garden.

Comment

I had a beauty of a photo bag seed indica of some kind, till she turned he
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X