Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early clone cutting to eliminate need for second grow space??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early clone cutting to eliminate need for second grow space??

If one possible goal is to cut clones while they’re still vegging to promote root growth, could a cutting be taken very early like at 2 weeks old, since the plants primary goal at that time is to root?
    Cost is stopping me from being able to have a separate veg space right now. I guess I’m wondering if a clone could be taken early enough that it could be added back with to the same grow space as it’s mother, eliminating the need for a second space? Or is that a pipe dream?
    2 Hulkberry Autos, 1 LSD Auto, 1 Dos-Si-Dos Cookies Auto

My first grow ever! Except for mold in my fridge.
    In VERY Illegal, USA

4- 5gal DWC w/ top feed
    48x60x80 tent
    600w SE HID
    6” exhaust fan
    6” active intake
    GH Flora trio (hardwater) + Hydroguard + CaliMagic

Using:
    Tap water
    Frozen water bottles to keep temps between 64-72 (as close to 68 as possible)

So the only problem with that is you're still going to need a separate space to flower. Your plants in veg will (should) be using 18 hours of light, and your clones will be too. For flowering, your lights should be on a 12/12 schedule. So if you took clones and then put your tent on 12/12, your clones would also start to flower. Hope that makes sense. It did in my head but I just got home from work and I'm already pretty stoned 😂

Comment

You just need to find a way to keep it healthy and give it 18hrs of light a day. It's a houseplant for the next 4-5months until your other is finished. I've never taken a clone from a plant less than 8wks old.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X