Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent (to me) . Mould around wound on outdoor plant

Hi,

this is from my current (first) outdoor grow. Plants in 10 gallon pots with bottom half super soil mix. this plant is a Black Amnesia Haze Fast. all was going great until yesterday when the branch as seen in photo started to die. the history is that when training, likely 3 weeks ago, i caused a split at the top where it had been topped. i taped it back together and she kept going great. yesterday one of the branches started to die, and when i looked, it seemed as if the wound had opened. we have had mucho wind recently here in Nova Scotia, so i assumed that was the cuplprit. next time i will look at reinforcing if it happens. But - when i looked today, there is mildew or mold, not only on the dying branch but the other one. It wa under the tape that I likely should have removed awhile ago. Many nice colas on that baby that will be lost in addition to already lost. . see the photo. I am hoping for someone to give me an idea of how to save the adjacent branch, kill the mold and save it. I am about to do some research as well, but dont recall seeing this one.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Huh well this is a problem but have you tried to clean/wipe the area with a dry paper towel wipe it off? She just may have a internal virus now like bacterial infection and it's running through the plant is the plant branches mushy when you squeeze it? Do you see a abcess on the branches? I'm thinking she's looking like she's giving up?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

In the lost posts I think it was Toker1 that posted 3 fungus options, all were end of plant, I think before I killed it I would try hydrogen peroxide 50/50 with water, then if need be cut it off below the bad and hope.

Edit here's a link to one of them and may be the one here
      Last edited by Rwise; 08-15-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm. I’m not really sure about the fungus options. I would try to wipe it out with hydrogen peroxide first. If that didn’t work I would try a very acidic ph solution. Possibly neem oil if not in flower stage.
        Lastly, I hear milk has enzymes that will devour fungus like this. Only, I have never tried it. Milk can leave a foul odor if not cleaned properly a day or two after application.

I sense an amputation in the near future.
      Have to agree with Rwise, remove the damaged branch and sterilize as best as you can.
      Canuckistan must have some pretty virulent bugs floating about...
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I am going to have a fruit tree tested for this, the tree has never made fruit, just dried up gray things. If it is, the I'll cut it down burn it, and cover the ground with black plastic.
        This Botrytis rot shit is bad ass stuff!

Comment

hi folks,

thanks for the suggestions. from looking this morning, the bad branch is gone, so she's gonna be cut. i will try hydrogen peroxide. it sure seems as if the tape kept her damp, leading to the fingus. Darn. amputation, disinfecting, and hope.
          A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Do keep us informed on her recovery please!

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. been swept up in a lot of stuff. I cut off the branch, and then noticed how far it had split, quite a ways. i then wiped it down with acohol ( afew days later - peroxide), and the remaining top other side is still alive. however, it shows definite signs of stress, losing its leaves pretty regularly. photos show whats left and showing it's yellowing colour. the bad part is that it has had bud rot in quite a few places, so i think i will cut her down in the next day. 3 of my 4 plants got it. got it, but it has been really cool and moist here with fog every night. even covered, they had many days where drying was limited/ The 1st photo is a blurry one of the wound. The leaves on the remaining branch are yellowing gradually more so than on healthy branches. anyone willing to comment on whether this is ready to pick?- see microscope photo.. thanks for the advice earlier.

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I see clear, clear is a paranoid racey type of high, if thats what you like, shes ready else wait for at least cloudy with a few amber. Or if you need/want couch lock, more amber 30-50%!

I had this same problem but not quite as bad. I smothered the mouldy injury with olive oil and the plant has totally recovered. I'm on the west coast so humidity is climbing this time of year. Last year at this time I lost everything to bortrytis so I took all 4 into the shed with lots of lighting and they are doing very well. Should be time to harvest in a couple of weeks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X