Top of plant isn't flowering but rest of plant is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Top of plant isn't flowering but rest of plant is

I have one plant that isn't flowering at the very top. Never seen this before. Rest of the plant is packing buds nicely at every point. Any ideas on this? The plant was never topped, I only trained the branches to promote growth. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top 1.png
Views:	230
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	436368Click image for larger version

Name:	Full.png
Views:	126
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	436369
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

I have 2 plants that did this. It's crazy. They began flower early and then we had a couple really hot days, The tops of the plants began to re-veg with lots of 1-3 leaf growth while the lower bud sites that were shaded continued to bud. My lower buds are already sporting some amber trichomes and the main colas are just starting to develop. I'm just gonna take the lowers in a couple days and let the rest continue to grow I guess. I can't think of anything else to do.

Comment

I kind of wish the tops of mine weren't. The weight is bending them down and trying to tie them off only causes breaks or bends in the stems. In my opinion, weed should not flower on top if it can't hold itself up! Get you shit together weed!
      Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
      Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Seems like the top wants to keep growing while the rest is flowering! Can plants also be high??.

Comment

Cool! you may get a continuous harvest for a short while.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Well after 3 weeks of it not doing anything, not even growing taller, I cut it off. Just got tired of looking at it. Got plenty to keep me busy. End of that story! Thanks all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top.png
Views:	83
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	439785Click image for larger version

Name:	Plenty.png
Views:	75
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	439786
            Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              i think it was a werid mutation where 3 fan leaves grew out of the top of the branch so it was never going to grow

• Mazzariman
              Mazzariman commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds logical to me. Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X