Clear All

This is he chart. This info is GOLD
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1782.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	44028

Comment

9finger leaves I have no idea what any of that stuff means on the chart lol looks like I have a lot of researching to do :/

Comment

This is starting to seem like it might be too much for me to handle

Comment

Do I get all 3 meters or just an ec meter...?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            They're all the same thing. Any ppm meter is an EC meter that uses one of this scales to aproximate to the ppm based on the electrical conductivity of a solution. I don't have the link from the chart cause I found it a while ago and just snapped the chart. But I'll post some info in here. Once you understand the important thing it's the EC u just have to find a way to calculate it

And can you share the link of that chart so I can further read into it

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle1116 View Post
            This is starting to seem like it might be too much for me to handle
            Me too that's why I use Distilled water. I know what my starting PPM is before adding anything

Comment

Do not lose faith! This is a weed that, even left alone and being given just water and light, will produce buds. Do yourself a big favor before buying too much stuff and get Ed Rosenthals MJ growers handbook. I got mine a week ago and it has most of the answers and the Why"s as well. Its worth every penny. Nebula has a review on the GWE site. Go check it out
              Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast

First grow 600W HPS w/air cooled fixture growing in a CoCo and Perlite medium.
              2 BlackJack plants for my GF
              2 AK48 plants to broaden my own horizon

Comment

Is this the one...?

Comment

• syncro92
                  syncro92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats the one! It will answer questions, explain why and give you a sense of comfort,(did for me)

I too use distilled water. I just ordered a ppm meter from hm digital so I'll be able to keep a closer eye on things.

Comment

Also what are some suggestions for soil ph? My plant is showing some signs of ph problems and has been for awhile. I started it at 6.0 and have slowly increased it to 6.5 and is still showing signs.

Comment

I love google. I found the site. It has also a lot of info on diferent brands and their scale

its true that this may see like "advanced" stuff. But believe me its not. The manufacturers just made a big mess. Don't be afraid to ask further questions. Happy grow

Comment

I appreciate your patience and helpfulness 9fingers. Thank you

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are very welcome. I'm glad to help. Most cases in this forum people suggest what to do. When people actually need to understand. So I try to encourage curiosity and knowledge. Always keep investigating

Syncro92 I am using fox farms ocean forest soil. I added vermiculite to the mix like a dumb ass instead of perlite LOL the pot usually takes about 3-4 days for the top 2-3 inches of soil to become dry. It concerns me because of how irregular the feeding pattern is. The method I use for feeding/watering is the feed water feed cycle
                    Last edited by Kyle1116; 01-17-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Hi 9 fingers I am purchasing this ec meter on eBay. I looked at the chart and noticed HM digital ap2 says nothing just measures EC. Does that mean I don't have to do any kind of equation to get my actual EC?
                      Last edited by Kyle1116; 01-18-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                        9fingerleafs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes that is exactly right. That meter looks great. I have one cheaper model of the same brand. Keep that chart to correlate every time you see someone talking ppm or EC so you know where you stand

You're a god send 9fingers.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X