Shortages of grow supplies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortages of grow supplies!

Hey all y'all, I was at a local grow supply yesterday and I always listen (big place commercial growers go to). The conversation was about supplies not coming in, one gal bought the last 3 of whatever and was told they dont know when they will get more as they are having problems getting anything in!
    So just a heads up, get what you must have before supplies vanish!

Thanks for the heads up but here's a thought.......get a local seamstress on board to make fabric bags they are super easy to sew and make some cash.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Im from UK got the same issues here a lot of supplies for small/medium grows appear to be out of stock managed to get most stuff thanks to well known online marketplace just have to wait a while for delivery which is a pain if your desperate.

Comment

I had to order HPS reflectors from the UK. Good thing I bought them way ahead of time. I'm watching and snagging the next great deal on a 600w ballast I see.

Comment

I think it's always prudent to have a plan B, C, D...For instance, I was "fortunate" to run out of PH Down during my first grow. I was informed (@Toker1) that pure lemon juice works: "Pool chemicals are harsh. You can ph down with pure lemon juice. Organic solutions contain no buffers, but will be more gentle on the plant."

I now keep pure lemon juice on hand. I like to finish off my grows utilizing it, as I hope for a taste boost. I understand it's probably for naught but there you go.

These are the types of solutions that I think we should be eyeballing. It could get interesting for the next couple of years, with the uncertain effects of the pandemic manifesting.

I'd love to learn other "hacks" if folks are willing to share.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Over the years I have learned to make all my own supplements. I believe the only things I buy anymore is Epsom and blackstrap. Now it looks like I'll have to keep a supply of lemons on hand. Good info - Thank you

I like to try to make my own shit too, sometimes it's just faster/easier to buy something. There were certainly bare places for some products, someone ask about perlite to be told what we have is all and we dont know when we will get more.
          Now up at the cash register/check out, there was sign that surprised me as I had no idea, not heard anything about it, the sign read "Cash customers must use exact change do to a nation wide change shortage" what, change shortage WTF I thought everyone (but me) used plastic these days. I'll get off some of my change and see if I can get some back in circulation! LOL

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            They do that I'll take mine in!

I couldn't find perlite in late May anywhere locally, said they hadn't seen any for a while. Had to order online and wait. Now Knox Gelatin is very hard to find and I have everything else here to make gummies.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

We grow weed here...dont need your garbage
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              lol furley...

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              This rebuttal post sounds funny now homegrown, lol.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Well hell, peps buy bottled water during a flood!

I'll take that garbage, toss it in the compost with a load of bull shit! Now we be growin!

Comment

I confused another poster by posting on this spammer LOL thought i was talking about their weed having mold LOL
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X