First Harvest - Small but Potent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Harvest - Small but Potent

The first buds from the first pot I've ever grown...they were in a large paper grocery bag chillin and trying to get some sort of stable RH happening. My son came home from work and I was fooling around with the trim from my first-ever crop. First he looked in my tray. "Mom, there's bud in here." I asked him how did he think the buds he buys end up looking like they do - which is essentially bald. "Feel free to rescue anything you'd like to rescue. I'll make more."
    "Is it in here? Can I see it?"
    "Why, yes it is my boy and I'm quite pleased." Inside, I was laughing my butt off. "Sure, but hang on, because you are gonna want a light for this..." I snapped on my full-spectrum daylight LED work light and pulled the arm over where it would be useful. He slowly unfolded the top of the bag, the anticipation showing on his face...if I only could have been rolling film "I bet there is at least three ounces in here!" And then he opened the bag and peered in. He squinted. I almost snorted.
    There was a whole ounce of pot, albeit fully groomed, in the bottom of the sack. He needed the light so he wouldn't miss it, lol. I am so good at keeping a straight face.
    "Next time will be better, Mom. You said you learned a lot." I did indeed. We all learned a lot. I make sure everyone knows what I know in case I forget stuff, lol. The way to get more is to grow more.

Can't wait to get started on the next round - I'm gonna try 4 this time, clones from the girls that I just finished. Man this stuff is a rush!

Turns out the pot Mom grew isn't too shabby at all, even if you need a Klieg light to spot it down in the corner of a grocery sack. Small but potent.
    I am tickled. I really did it. I actually made my own medicine out of a seed and some dirt and a lot of drama and some totally bitchen science stuff.
    I might have raised the bar on Mom Cool Points - my boys love when I do cool shit. Watching your 50-something year-old mother tending her cannabis garden like the Little Red Hen and her wheat? Priceless.
    :::rubs hands together::::
    Whaddawe wanna do next?

Don't feel bad! You grew something and now have a product to consume because of it! That is fantastic work for your first grow ever!

Here's the results of my very first grow ever (well sort of):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_114904.jpg Views:	4 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	434883
    I actually started it without planning, and then planted it outside with my dad at his house but he basically never remembered to water it and it was is a lot of shade. But hey, it was fun!
    Last edited by ellz; 08-04-2020, 05:51 AM.
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ellz!
      This wasn't planned either. Two bagseed poked into Mir Gro on my windowsill during the thrax shutdown in WA, in April. That was the extent of the plan.
      Both eventually turned out to be girls, but not before the 'stimulus' stimulated my desire for a tent and all the accouterments. Well, not all of them. But enough of them. The second plant is coming down tonight or maybe tomorrow. Got a loupe coming today and gonna put an eye on some trichomes before I cut it, just to see what they look like to my eye - which is not that great, lol. I know what the seeds came out of, but since I got them in retail weed, who knows what they really are or what they crossed with? One was out of a very poorly-grown bag of Crop Doctor (mine already looks better and it's still on the bush, lol) and this one is likely out of an Irene Apricot from a gucci retail brand. Ha.
      I'm in a place where I can't really spread out any more than I am, but I want to try as many as will fit comfortably in a 2x3x5. This grow I still had tons of headroom because I trained the branches so savagely. I have room for more if I'm not flowering in July-Aug (never again, lol). Cheers, my friend!

I remember AccidentalGardener my purple punch plant harvest, indoor plant she was some of the best if not the best indoor i ever grew potent wise. Small harvest for a photo but i was still working on skills LOL and i continue to try and " up " the volume with training and knowing the lights. Swear to ya this indoor is a constant learning and changing tactics with each new strain. How long i been doing this now close to 4yrs. I still make mistakes but they don't bug me as much. Now if i can just count correctly
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Calendars and calculators! I have a large print calendar next to my desk and with this damn plague, the only thing on it is my pot-growing schedule, lol. "Doctors? No, these aren't doctor appointments..." Bahahah

Congrats!!! Ain't it satisfying to enjoy the fruits of your labor!? Them buds look tasty & don't knock yerself- I've seen smaller.

Comment

Not too bad honestly. I've had plants give way less, way fluffier bud than that. Lasted for about 2 days, tops but it was some good weed. Yields have been getting better and better since then. Congratulations and happy growing!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X