Inconsistent grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent grow

I bought seeds from the Pacific Seed company this spring. White Widow and Harlequin strains. Both feminized. In addition they added some Blue Afghane, Auto flower.
    Seeds sprouted and grew fine, placed them outdoors end of May(Northern Vermont). After about 40 days out doors the White Widow looks stunted, the Harlequin look like 1 Sativa and one Indika, and the Auto flower has not even started flowering after 60 days. I have been feeding every 2 weeks and watering daily. They have seen 3-4 above 90 degrees temperatures. I don’t think the seeds were what Obhave ordered See pictures.
    What am I missing?

I've got two girls from seed that are from the same bud out of a dispensary bag, they have entirely different genetic growth patterns too. Seeds will tend to vary in what genetics they will show, if mom was Maui, and dad was golden goat for example, you will see different traits come from the same batch of seeds. For identical genetics your best bet is probably clones, although I've also got clones from the same mother that differ in growth rate too.

Comment

Is your White Widow fox tailing a little? It's a bit hard to discern from the photo. They will do that sometimes when they've undergone some type of shock. Won't hurt your bud at all but some kind of shock might explain what you see as stunted growth. Auto's claim to fame is the hybridization of ruderalis with the more potent photo strains. Sometimes that hybridization sees more ruderalis genetics come through leaving the plant smaller.

Comment

You will get more consistency if you plant only 1 strain/hybrid
        If the auto has not autoed yet it is not an auto! If the seed was an F1 cross 25% will be photo.

Comment

Very helpful advise. Thank you. The only schock would have been during replant and placing them out side. Only the white widow seems to be affected. She looks like one big bud. Lol

Comment

Check your WW for bud rot - right around where that brown stuff is at.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Will do, thank you

Comment

All strains grow differently, even seeds from the same strain produce differing plants. White Widow is genetically a small plant. Your auto flower may not be as advertised. Give it more time.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

So, checked the brown on my WW. They seemed to be dry leaves. I was able to remove the dry area easily. It does not seem to have any other brown area. Can I still harvest this plant?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes you can just keep a watchful eye out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X