Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on good strains to grow for first timer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on good strains to grow for first timer?

Any advice on what strains to try out? I would be growing indoors with filter. Can run between 3-6 plants in soil. I'd like to get a good mix to see what I actually prefer now that I have some idea of what it is!

TIA!

Auto amnesia haze( real good one)
    caramelicious
    white rhino
    gorilla glue

Comment

If you have a great setup and have read up on everything. Literally everything.
      you can grow any strain you want.
      my experience
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Smelly
        Smelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry - I meant as in, good ones to try first, so I can start to narrow down which ones we like more than others in terms of indica vs sativa vs hybrid, etc.

I've heard autos are the way to go for beginners. I've personally have never grown one but they're supposed to be easier to get right and they are faster. New growers understandably are less patient most of the time and autos finish faster

Edit = the strain is a personal choice now a days the breeders have plants genetically stable and resistant to most of the old problems we dealt with 30 years ago disease mold Etc some are weather sensitive so watch for that
      Last edited by MeEasy; 08-03-2020, 07:10 AM.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I did 50 autos before I even started on photo strains.
        and all the “mistakes” a beginner will do, it’s not good with an auto.
        You are in are tight schedule with autos and any mistakes you are making is less yield in the end.
        definitely go with photo for a beginner in my opinion.
        photo strains are much more forgiven when is comes to early mistakes and misjudgment
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Smelly
          Smelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. I was leaning towards autos to get yield but maybe start them close to the same time and have the photos vegging whiile the autos flower....

I think autos are a good way to go for a beginner, but to many plants can overwhelm you. As they grow they need attention, I'd start with a couple,and as they grow keep studying and reading about growing tips on G.W.E. A good harvest will give you confidence and a good stash. Witch will make it easier to be patient enough to try growing photo's.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do a photo run on the same time schedule as an auto ? Even cheaper because you don’t need to run 20/4 all through the grow.
          ​​​​​​​I made 220g on 12 weeks totally with my photos. When you make mistakes on an auto, it’s stunned. All the days it’s not growing - it’s days missed to produce buds.

So if it were me and your up for a real hoot of a grow start 2 autos now in 3gal. bags just LST them won't slow the growth rate much at all. Then toss in 1-2 White Widow photos great newbie starter plant about 6wks into the auto grow at 18/6 by the time photos are ready for 12/12 you'll be harvesting your autos
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Smelly
          Smelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! I'm definitely doing that! I really wanted to try the white widow as well!

Indica plants are easy to grow and my first trail and error plants was “Jack Frost” it is very resilient to disease and mold as well as insect infections they do well in heat and also under high stress great for the beginner learning curve. And even if you mess up you still get at least 2 ounces from your plant.

Comment

Great ideas, everyone! You had a bunch of points I didn't even think about. Thanks!

Comment

Me Myself and I will say for a beginner, avoid autos as when you have an issue there is no time to fix it, the clock is running.
            I like BB3, up to 28% THC, very large heavy setting plant. Photos can be switched to 12/12s at 3-5 weeks old for shorter indoor grows along with training. Clones can be taken from a photo and those genetics kept going. If/when you have an issue, she can be brought back to health and finish with a good yield.
            Good luck with whatever you choose!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X