Artificial light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artificial light

I have 1 plant growing out doors and I noticed a neighbor light is causing my plant to not flower. My friend down the street has a couple and it has small buds on it.
    So ​​​​my question is. Is it to late now to flower it? Or if I move it to a darker location. Will it be ok.?

I too grow outdoors and my plants are subject to all kinds of light pollution. I have some plants in bud, some in flower, and others still vegging. I think the strain of plant has a great deal do do with when it flips.

Comment

Ty. I really hope that the case.

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems to me that the majority of growers who ascribe to the total darkness notion are indoor growers who deal with a completely different environment. I was just outside on my balcony and the moon is casting a significant amount of light and my plants don't seem to give a shit. Your plant will flip. I promise

• Smerft85
        Smerft85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Crutialbunny, that's not the case with the mentioned artificial light for us outdoor folks. Mine are getting tons of natural moon light too, but it's not UV or incandescent light and I'm fighting the same problem with the B&B next door. Artificial light will absolutely keep your girls from flowering properly, whatever is exposed to the light directly wont flower while the rest of the plant will, I've had one in the past that was almost directly half and half bloom/veg, block the light however you possibly can!

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        That is very interesting Smerft85. I may perhaps have been a bit cavalier in my response to Ryguy. I have streetlights and an an apartment building across the street from me with outdoor lighting and I have not noticed any issues. I don't doubt you at all and I find it all very interesting. Enough that I am considering figuring out a way to test it. Thanks for your insight.

It is a bit early for flowers even though many of us do have them, I have veg, pre flower and flowering plants outside. Stray light will cause reveg and or fox tails, block it if you can. Of course it needs to be strong enuf to affect the girls, moonlight is not strong enuf (or the correct frequency/heat) to affect our plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X