Looking for a recommendation for LED lights in a 120cmx60cm tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a recommendation for LED lights in a 120cmx60cm tent

I have a tent with 3 x 600w (60w from the wall) ultra-cheap unbranded COB lights set up in a row in my tent and I want to replace them. It's for autos, so there are vegging and flowering plants together. This is my first setup with LED and I'm not getting the bud density.

It's a pretty common size tent (120x60cm)... Anyone else out there using that size tent with LEDs who is happy with the results from their lights? I'm looking to spend about £300-£400 max (maybe $350-$450). There's a possibility of spending a bit more but I'm after good value as well as good buds.

Like I said this is my first LED setup and now that I want to upgrade I am looking at so many brands and I don't even recognize the names so I don't know what's going to be good, what I do know is that I can grow bud with what I've got but it's not dense enough.

Well i read alot about my lights before i purchased them and still have them now same 4 lights i've used since first beginning indoor growing. You are going to get many responses. I surfed online read reviews all the stuff you are probley doing. Now mine are " old " LEDs but they still work for me and produce hard nuggets but there are much better lights now. I've had Viparspectra 450 reflector models. I have 2 tents 3x3x63" and 36x36x72" I have 2 lights in each. They rock the 3x3 almost too warm when shut down closed up on photo period plants. Wait for others to chime in they will, we all started somewhere with lights and the LEDs of today are great.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• qpwoeiruty
      qpwoeiruty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I wish there was an easy standardized comparison.

When I look at the viparspectras I can see the umol/m2/s is listed as less on the newer, higher wattage models (per watt). Your 450w has 619 in the centre at 18 inches but the p1000 (1000w) only has 696 at the same height. Presumably the newer ones are better in some way although looking at the prices the "old" ones you have are about the same money for the same u/mol but seems to use half the wattage? (£140 for a 450w vs £130 for 1000w).

I have a 2x4 not 4x4 so presumably a single 450w (45w from the wall I guess) of the old type that you have would cover it. I'm currently running 1800w (180w from the wall). I thought I'd be looking for about 2000w of a better spectrum LED than I have, but you seem to be getting it done with 1/4 of that. Can my current spectrum be that far off? My most recent grows (since going LED) have yielded 40g, 40g, 30g, 20g 10g and 8g (going down as time went on. I think I have had some unlucky genetics but I'm obviously concerned because I don't want 8g plants ever. None have been as dense as with HPS but I have no way of dealing with the heat from HPS at the moment.

I'm trying to find some pics of your buds so I can see if you are getting what I hope to be getting...

I have only ever used LED's but the technology has improved even in the short time I have been an indoor grower. SoOrbudgal is right, you will hear all kinds of opinions about the different types of grow lights. Each has its own set of pros and cons. Two good LED companies are HLG and Electric Sky. I have only ever used HLG QB's and can vouch for them.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• vederrer
      vederrer commented
      Editing a comment
      I second the HLG quantum boards. They are really cool. For the money the OP is ready to spend he can get a 260 w setup, it's 2 QB's but considering his tent size might go only for one. I used the 260 w in a 120 x 120 tent on 2 plants and they were huge, plus i had some tomatos, strawberries and paprikas in there xd
      All good and giving nice fruits.
      The distributor for hlg said that the 260 should outperform my old 400 w hps in any case and they rate it as close to a 600 w hps anyway, so there you go.

qpwoeiruty here's a few for you viparspectra 450
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I just went through the led read fest and I ended up with a Spider Farmer 2000 and it's footprint for flower is 2x4 cost 300 bucks I'll put a link below. I'm very impressed with the outcome of my 1st grow and have a second sf2000 on my wishlist for sure

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TVD1Y3K/ref=cm_sw_r_em_taa_yoSjFb1YZ9EDS
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Lumatek Attis 300W!
        it would be perfect for this tent. I’m currently using it right now. And it’s the best lamp I’ve ever had and used
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Nice plants there SoOrbudgal

I actually pulled the trigger on buying one before a lot of these came through.

£326 bought me a Mars Hydro SP3000. It's the right shape for the tent, is a brand that can produce some decent results by all accounts even if they are not quite as good as their PR team is, it'll do. Being a well known brand it feels like a "known quantity" and claims pretty decent coverage for a tent of that shape, even if it is not the best it'll do.

Comment

• Dieselgrower
            Dieselgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            youll be happy. I love my mars ts3000 and so do the ladies. I will say check all your cable connections are nice and tight. I came home and half my light was out, got a 1/4 turn out of the connctor and it came. just a heads up

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X