Confused, please help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Confused, please help?!

I have no idea what’s wrong, the soil is dryer than bone down at least half a my index fingers length, but it seems like I’m overwatering, I haven’t watered since yesterday morning, it’s now 21:00, temperatures have been perfect all day, humidity dropped a little low but the humidifier was turned on to correct it, any guidance is a big help, this is my first plant

100x100x200cm budda room tent
    Kingbo M600w LED
    BlackOrchid mixed flo 4”
    Multi-purpose compost from local store “hot soil” (with perlite)
    ADV PH perfect 3 part fertiliser (for when nutrients are needed)
    Fox Hydroponics 4" Inch (100mm x 150mm) Carbon filter
    The plant is Critical mass

I water it 330ml every morning, I didn’t water this morning but it’s started drooping this morning, it’s a 1.43 L pot with about an inch from the top filled with the medium

Comment

Dunno mate, plant looks like that when she is thirsty. I water and half an hour later leaves point upwards

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        'my plant'

I’ve just watered the lil guy (333ml) so we’ll see if it’s underwatering or overwatering soon

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        And during dark you know it is normal for droppy leaves. I mean you know it for sure haha

You can't over water a well draining medium. If you're pouring 330ml a day in that small pot, you're watering too often, driving oxygen out of the medium. Roots must have oxygen. Let it dry out until pot is very light, then water to a slight run off. Were it mine, I would up pot, minimum 12L, to a light, fluffy well draining medium. 1/3rd perlite.

Comment

It’s drooping like this with the light on, I turned it off and used flash on my camera as it was difficult to see, do you think I should transplant to a bigger pot? The medium I’m using has perlite in it and the pot drains well

100x100x200cm budda room tent
        Kingbo M600w LED
        BlackOrchid mixed flo 4”
        Multi-purpose compost from local store “hot soil”
        Fox Hydroponics 4" Inch (100mm x 150mm) Carbon filter
        The plant is Critical mass

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't say anything for sure honestly cuz Im not familiar with this kind of problem. What worries me is leaves look healthy. And you are not underwatering So I have no Idea what could it be

As I mentioned, I would go to a 12 L pot, minimum. When you do this, get a feel for the dry weight of the larger pot. Then water to a slight run off and get a feel for that wet weight. When it get to the dry weight it time to water. This helps me not water TOO OFTEN. Good luck Spruc

Comment

After watering said plant has sprung up, so I’m guessing I need to transplant to a bigger pot and water a lot more just less often
          thank you for you help I’ll keep you updated

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Use a lighter soil mix add lots of perilite to it to lighten up soil looks to compact no air this does not allow for good absorption of water.

• Spruc
            Spruc commented
            Editing a comment
            After watering it sprung back though, so I’d assume it’s the watering

She's definitely underwatered. Like you said, more water less often. Water until the pot gets heavy. Once it's fairly light, water again. If your leaves start drooping in between, she's getting thirsty

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X