Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient Toxicity?

Hi everyone,

I did a transplant this past Sunday from 1 gallon with standard miracle grow to 5 gallon with FFOF and 420 soil mixed. Ive been doing about a gallon of water for each, every other day since the transplant and they seemed to be responding well to just water. Now, i go outside and the little one looks like its curling down in some areas... Now, im trying to figure out whats wrong with her now. It seems she might have nutrient toxicity? What are your thoughts? I dont know if i should wait it out another day, flush it out or feed her. She was just fed a gallon of water on Weds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2958.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	433668

So it's been 5 days since transplant. You need to take it off that cement put the pot on a riser or on the lawn. It could be too hot where it sits. Try moving into shade in the hottest part of day may needed to adjust more to the " big light " but otherwise looks a tad N rich in soil.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It could be an adjustment to the new home, or it could be a pH problem causing a nutrient lockout. Are you checking the pH of the water you're using? What nutrients / how much how often are you feeding?

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Forgot to include the full picture, but they are not on direct cement. Prior to the transplant, they were on earth juice catalyst and bloom 5-10-5 nutes at half strength with a gallon of water. The little one has always been sensitive to nutes. The big one has been problem free the whole time. The last time they had any nutrients was last Thursday. It has been water since sundays transplant. I haven't checked the PH yet. Im in Norcal and the weather has been around 85-94 degrees with a slight breeze. The little one seemed to be doing well with the transplant all week. On weds, i fed it a gallon of water and yesterday she looked good. This morning she was fine, then around 10am is when it turned like that. They didnt start getting sunlight until about 10am. Prior to that they were just in shade. This photo and the photo above were about two hours difference today. It looks like that area that was drooping perked up a little. I was suppose to feed her a gallon, but wondering if i should just hold off a day. The little one is Huckleberry and the taller one is Platinum Girl Scouts.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2967.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.49 MB ID:	433685
        Last edited by sheltnraymond; 07-31-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great. Next grow try your hand at a little low stress training and you'll increase your harvest and have a more robust plant. Just getting to this point you should consider a big success. Looks like you did a great job on your soil nutrients and that's really half the battle. Consider next time preparing your potting mix well in advance of planting so it can have time to develop the beneficial bacteria and microbes it needs to be a living medium. Lots of coarse sand and pearlite to aid in drainage. You'll have to water more often but it's a small price to pay for happy plants. Back in May I was given 2 teen clones in 1 gallon cloth pots and the soil was so dense it just held water forever, blocking oxygen to the roots. Excellent job so far -
          Last edited by crucialbunny; 07-31-2020, 03:01 PM.

Almost looks like something was misted on her?? Well I personally don't feed bloom until they have pre flowers/flower buds. But you are in flower now with that girl scout looks like? I'm leaning again to a toxity with the soil changes and nutes something is wrong with the mix. I would not give her any ferts/nutes till this issue stops just Ph water.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

When you water with 1 gallon, how much runoff do you get? I'd give that little Huckleberry girl a big flush with pH'd water and keep and eye on her. Agree with crucialbunny - you did a great job so far ! Maybe try some light bondage next time, they love it!

Comment

I flushed the little one and she seems to be better. Looks like they both have adjusted to the new soil and seems to be good now. I am watering them every other day with just water, with barely any run off. Into week 3 of flowering.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3224.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	434991

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3223.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.15 MB ID:	434990

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job with the recovery

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X