Do autos need more calmag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do autos need more calmag?

I pinched my stems today & they were obviously hollow. I give a tsp/gal every time I water....

The people I know who run autos exclusively tell me that they feed cal-mag at every water. I have read that many of the most powerful strains typically have hollow stems that will need some support when they get heavy with bud. I have 2 C-4 photos that are beginning to get heavy growth and the branches are breaking. On one of the branches I could clearly see it was like a straw. I just recently trussed them all and it looks like a mutant spider has spun webs all over them. If your plants aren't showing any ill effects from your feeding schedule then I would suggest keep doing what your doing.

Comment

Most all my strains hybrids whatever i've grown have hollow stems.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

A lot of the autos I do act a bit more calmag hungry than photos typically. My auto NL crosses are calmag hogs, straight up hogs. They seem to want more than any other plant I've ever grown. Don't start adding it early enough or forget to add it a few times and it's brown city before you know it.

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep 2 of these are the NL crosses.

Never really noticed?
        because I always put cal mag in every water feeding I give.
        Never had a cal mag “toxicity” nor a lockout from it.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          This was where I was sitting outside the classroom🤣
          One more reason I joined the army when I was 17 🤣

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Alrighty then I'll double the 5ml recommended on the bottle & see what happens.
          I spent a few math periods in the library writing dictionary pages myself.... I've got a fairly extensive vocabulary lol.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          As I say. I’ve never had plants gotten an “overdose” for cal mag to be honest.

Yea language is my treat. Not numbers lol

Do any of you use Epsom?

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used Epsom to flush..... Does it help with calcium intake too? And for clones. Clones love a taste of epsom.

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Epsom has calcium. I add a tablespoon to a gallon of water and a tablespoon of blackstrap each week. I have never purchased Cal-Mag before. Cal-Mag has many other trace elements and iron but I find my hard tap water is sufficient for that need. Because I use worm castings in my potting medium I never develop PH issues anymore. The best thing I ever did was to start a worm compost bin. The change in my grows since that time have been amazing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X