Black spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black spots

First time grower. My plants are outside and have just stretched past 8 feet. I have just noticed on some of the bud end they are a black to dark purple Do I need to fix this and how or is this normal

Check under leaf i see a big chewed up leaf.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

But why are ther the dark colour and only on the new bud ends

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it a purple strain? I don't know other than what i've said. Hopefully others can tell ya more

Based on what I see from the severely eaten leaf above your bud site you have a caterpillar or other ravenous leaf eater. Here in S. California we have a caterpillar that is fond of munching leaves then crawling into bud sites and pupating there. They aren't particularly large but can wreak havoc if they get established. My suggestion would be to pluck it and examine it under magnification. Hopefully you can find out what's going on and nip it it the bud. (I am ashamed of that poor pun)

Comment

Do take a 30 x zoom lens and look for bugs!

Comment

Black spots could be caterpillar poop. I agree with everything else said.

Comment

I have a little thrips problem on some of mine.
            and I noticed a lot of small black spots all over the leaf. Then I noticed the small white thrips.
            I agree you should look for bugs👍🏻
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X