No announcement yet.

Yellow/brwning on leaves. Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Yellow/brwning on leaves. Help please!

I've got some discoloration on some leaves. The discoloration has been happening slowly over the past month or so. She is in soil. We just got a new light on her 5 days ago. Will someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200729_061255.jpg Views:	4 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	433018Click image for larger version  Name:	20200729_061232.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	433019
    Last edited by Slimkeeper; 07-29-2020, 12:49 PM. Reason: First post. Still figuring all the ins and outs.

My gut reaction is that you are developing some root issues. You mention that you are growing in soil but no mention of what is in the soil. I've used too much peat in the past and found that my plant's roots were starving for oxygen because the peat became too dense and those plants looked similar to what you are experiencing.

Comment

I did put a decent amount of peat in my soil mix. Is there any fixes you know of?

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        The peat is there and there's not a way to easily remove it. You could move it to a larger pot with an airier soil around it. You could use a long sharp knife and cut a pie wedge of soil and roots and put new soil in its place. (I've done this with tomatoes) If it were my plant I would first try and lift it from its container to examine the root ball. If the roots are white and healthy looking, oxygen deprivation is probably not your problem. If they are any other color than bright white then remediation is going to have to be your next step. If you have someone to help you, slide it out and take a look. There are some really good commercial soils available on the market or you can make your own but use a recipe from a reputable source. A living thriving soil is key to raising thriving plant. Best of luck to you - Keep us posted

Peat has a PH of ~3.5, and what I see is a root/PH issue, something for a PH up may be needed here, I use pelleted dolomite.

Comment

Update! I tested PH. 6.5 is what I got. I transplanted her. Roots were mostly dry and looked white but were a bit bound up. My temp in the room is between 80-90°F. Installing an A/C unit to moderate temp. Wondering if I need a PH down?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X