First grow need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First grow need help!!!

Hi guys. So I started my first ever grow two months ago with some autoflowering seeds, but iv encountered some problems along the way and would like some help or advise. So background of my grow is I first intended on an outside grow as weather conditions were ideal at the time and I had the space to grow. So the seeds were germinated successfully and placed into the current pots and placed outside to start growing. They are in topsoil with good drainage and with nutrients already in the soil. After a week the weather took a drastic turn so I decided it was best If I switched to an inside grow. However I was not prepared for an inside grow and as I wasn't due to be payed til the end of the month so getting the proper supplies (lights,fan etc) was next to impossible. So for a month I had them under normal 30w bulbs from the oven extractor fan just to give them some light. This worked for maybe a week and they got to a certain size but then they started stretching and at the same time I completely overwatered them and it took at least two weeks for them to drain. During this time growth completely halted. On week four or five of growth I finally got proper led grow lights and a nice new warm dark space for them to grow. In the space of four weeks with the new lights they went from plants that I wasn't sure were going to survive to the plants that are in the pics which I taught was pretty good. One seems to be flowering and the other just a little behind. However 8 weeks on and growing seems to be slowed again I know most autoflowers should be nearly ready to harvest this far on but my early mistakes definitely slowed this down. I just want to know how people might be thinking there looking as from pictures IV seen of plants this far on mine look way different. Any help to what I could do to help growth or advise or even just any opinions would be much appreciated. There under pretty much 18hours light a day watered when dry. They were getting fed nutrients but developed some nute burn so nutrients were stopped. Temperature of the area is at 22 degrees Celsius and pH has not been checked as I don't have anything to do this with but I will purchase a pH tester this week.

Need pics in normal light, with the blurple we cannot read the leaves.
    Next time loose the nute added soil, and add something (30+% perlite) for drainage. Note; perlite kills earthworms.
    They are very much behind where they should be, look to be about 4-5 weeks old.
    Are you feeding flowering food? Molasses? etc.?

Comment

New pics posted. So different type of soil next grow you reckon and perlite okay cool thanks. No haven't started on any flowering food any you'd recommend?

Comment

I recommend taking a serious look at what your not doing i mean really do you expect us to say a positive thing after you have done nothing to grow a healthy plant? How about you reading and doing some research about growing weed and then gather all the needed supplies like we do and spend money on growing great weed.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My only question is why would you plant autoflower seeds if you weren't prepared for the grow? They have a short life span so everything pretty much has to be ready if you're growing indoors or you won't be getting much out of them. If they were photoperiod strains I could understand

Comment

Soorbudgal not expecting you to say Anything positive wasn't asking for positive I was asking for advice. Which I see you did give me in the end of your reply so thanks I will follow that for next grow... And dphipps1020 I wasn't prepared for and I door grow as I stated I was prepared for an outdoor grow but circumstances changed while my seeds had already germinated

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha. I missed that part I guess

We all have to start somewhere, and my bet would be every one of us has made a mistake somewhere!
            I dont get why autos are recommended for beginners, they are much more of a challenge than their photo cousins. And when a noob does have an issue there is no time to fix it.
            Larger cloth pots, I use 20+ gallon pots that are way to small.
            Living organic soil, I build my own.
            Photoperiod seed, you can do so much more with it, like clone it, change the lights and reveg it, use less electricity inside, get a larger harvest, etc.. One can also grow them short by flipping the lights to 12/12 at 3-5 weeks old just like the auto does with all the same training.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X