Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Deficiency

Hey guys!

Doing this “test” with a random Critical kush seed I got from some weed I bought (since it’s the black market, i’m not sure if it’s an auto or not, or if it’s even a Critical kush 😅). I’m growing her in coco and didn’t buffer the coco beforehand (the brand says it’s prebuffered but i’ve read you should buffer it anyway). I have been feeding her nutes in her last 2 feedings, with a little extra calmag in her last feeding.

Is this a deficiency, or is it a ph issue? I measure my ph every watering, so it feels weird to get ph issues, especially this early?

Edit: Not a her, gender unknown so far*
    Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-28-2020, 09:18 PM.

Are you using RO water? I would think that tap water would supply enough at this stage but it does look like it could be a calcium issue. I've never used coco but have read that it will absorb calcium depriving the plant's roots.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m using tap water. We have really soft water though, 2.5 dH (if dH is a universal measurement)
      Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-28-2020, 10:28 PM.

It reads as a root/PH issue, I dont use coco, but have read it must be treated first.

Comment

Hmm.. damn ph issues. Had ph issues in my last grow too (in soil). Maybe it’s my ph meter that’s fucked

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Soil (organic soil) is an easy fix, just cut in pelleted sulfur and dolomite, then the plant will balance the soil for its needs.

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        But i bought a bunch of Coco for this grow, so i think I’ll run this time with coco (not this plant though, I ordered 2 feminised seeds). I’ll try to get the right ph in the roots from start with the feminised ones.

I also bought worm humus, and will buffer the coco with cal mag before I plant the seed

Could it be my ”Gold label ph down” that is bad? I noticed that the ph goes up if i leave a container with ph’d water out for a day or two. Could it be that it does the same in the Coco? And does other ph solutions do the same thing?

Comment

What are you water at PH wise? What is your watering practices?
        Space for Rent.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
          Ganjaman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a few drops last watering, will feed about 2L next time so I can measure the runoff

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          What you have going on is a lockout due to not water enough. Salt builds up in Coco from liquid nutrients and needs to be washed from the medium each time you water.

Start by giving each pot three times the amount it can hold of soil in pHed water next time.
          1 gallon pot=3 gallons of water @ 6.3 ph.

If you have a flushing agent like sladgehammer use it in one of your gallons and use cal mag in your last.

From that point on you need to water to 25% or more runoff each time, feed your plant with nutrient then the next time give just plain pHed water and repeat. Do this and you shouldn't have a ph problem.

I'd still like to know your runoff pH but it's not necessary now.

How much and what kind of nutes do you use?

• Ganjaman420
          Ganjaman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright, good info, thank you.

I’m currently using Gold label’s all different kinds of nutes. I have ordered GHE floraseries and will start to use them as soon as they arrive, they seem much more straightforward and easygoing than Gold label

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X