My Christmas tree - Complete newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Christmas tree - Complete newbie

I posted my first post earlier showing pics of my first attempt. I’m completely new to this so I don’t know many or any technical terms when it comes to growing or plant growing in general. I’ve come to you guys for any step by step advice on what my next steps should be. I’ve simply been feeding 3 x 1 litre of water per day, last litre of water had 2ml of grow and 2ml of bloom at the moment. I have no future plans. I live in the UK. She’s sat on this decking under a canopy since birth but it’s open planned so there is plenty of air. Any advice appreciated, more pictures attached this time, thank you all.

Looks great! Buds are gonna be big.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

The perspective in your photo makes it tough to estimate how much room you have left before she tops out and touches the patio cover. The only concern you should have is if it has room to grow much more. The plant looks healthy and happy with whatever it is your doing so I wouldn't do much differently. Using the bloom nutrients is a good idea because she should be going there soon. If height becomes an issue the simplest thing can do is arch or bend the main stalk by tying a cord near the top and give her a gentle bend tying the cord off to something nearby. Try and do it so that the plant will get sunlight the length of the plant throughout the day. Very nice jog. You should be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by crucialbunny View Post
        The perspective in your photo makes it tough to estimate how much room you have left before she tops out and touches the patio cover. The only concern you should have is if it has room to grow much more. The plant looks healthy and happy with whatever it is your doing so I wouldn't do much differently. Using the bloom nutrients is a good idea because she should be going there soon. If height becomes an issue the simplest thing can do is arch or bend the main stalk by tying a cord near the top and give her a gentle bend tying the cord off to something nearby. Try and do it so that the plant will get sunlight the length of the plant throughout the day. Very nice jog. You should be proud.
        Thank you! Like this? Really appreciate the advice and reassurance
        Attached Files

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks fine. I normally will tie a couple inches lower on the plant so you end up with the bow beginning about 3/4 of the way up the plant but how you have it now will work fine. You can always adjust later if need be. I understand that it feels a little counter intuitive to try and make a plant do something unnatural but trust me when you see the new growth pattern you'll totally understand. Good job

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X