Questions about reveg clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about reveg clones

I took some clones off the plants I recently harvested back when I switched them to flower. Those clones all died due to some mistakes on my part, so I took another set of clones a few weeks later when the plants were well into flowering. While they have gone through reveg shock those clones at least have rooted nicely and are growing quite well now.

My initial intent was to use the best one as a clone mother but the more I've read about revegging the more I become concerned about that plan, if they really grow as much as I've read and bush out so much, are these clones really suited for mother plants? Additionally will a clone off of a plant that had been revegged also follow the same bushy growth as the revegged mother?
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Clones are going to make genetic copies of the mother host period. The re-vegging was a reaction to outside influences and not a genetic anomaly so it cannot be passed on.

Comment

I'd just take a clone from one of those revegged plants as a mother. Revegged clones that are growing vigorously are too valuable for their insane production to use as a mom.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Great googly moogly. My clone experiment gave me a whole tent full of babies. New perspective on doing something just because you can - its not always the best idea. At least I don't have to be crazy stealthy about getting rid of vegetation.
        Some are still sort of freaking out in the re-veg effort and some are beginning to get 5-finger leaves again. Total experiment - flat out scientific exploration. I will keep a couple from each strain and then take a healthy cutting or two from the one on the right when I want them.
        The adult plants went on 12/12 on May 31, the cuttings were taken on 6/15-ish. The parents of the clone experiment should be ready to harvest starting in a week. The babies - crazy differences in growth habit - even with cuttings taken from the same branch.

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
          Matriumcauthon commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta love science =D wish I had enough space. and time, to try all my "what if" ideas rofl. thanks for the info!

And the can/should remarks always make me think of that scene in jurassic park with goldblum

Do not fear the reveg clone. As they grow you do as you would a seed grow, eventually thinning spindly branches inside the stalks doing what you would do with a plant. They will not look any different than any other plant at 3months. My opinion from experience I've handled them pretty roughly getting them into form.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X