Stem rot? Please help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem rot? Please help??

Setup - greenhouse - plants are planted in the ground... Bottom of the greenhouse is screened and open for circulation ... 2 large fans blowing air around.... 11 plants in 20x10 area (in hindsight I won't put as many next time

We live in northern Ontario Canada. Short grow season. This year is extremely hot and humid (not our normal weather) we are professional growers but we grow lettuce, Microgreens, beans, peas etc) but we are new to this!!

We went out yesterday and had mold. I think it's stem rot. This morning I list another chunk on another plant. Please help! Do I need to trim more? Putting in a vent fan today but not sure it's enough. The humidity in there is sitting too high I think.

I can take more pictures of needed!

Temp and humidity inside the greenhouse? Day and night values.

Comment

• lemckenzie
      lemckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      Daytime - 31 degrees and 63%
      NNighttime - 21% and 77%

Damn shame shoot i hate seeing this.......you are doing everything right it's the friggin humidity. Put more fans in and really bushy ones start removing the spindly weaker branches inside plant expose lower half of plants groom up from soil to 12" look at the lollypop grows. that last pick looks fine for air flow but yes WPM at it's finest. So sorry but if you find it before just try and use wet paper towel wipe off what you can. Good luck sure hope i helped it's the only thing i know of doing.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• lemckenzie
      lemckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! As soon as it cools down today we are trimming!! We have been afraid to trim too much . We really have no idea what We are doing!! Lol

First off let me say that your greenhouse is awesome. Based on what you mentioned about growing other crops in the same soil and the above average temps recently, it sounds like you may be dealing with the fungus pythium . Once it has established itself in soil it is a monster to control or get rid of. I don't know what your situation is there or if it is even possible but after this grow you might want to consider moving the entire greenhouse to a new location. I'm only guessing this is the problem based on what I can see in your pics but do some research on symptoms and remediation. best of luck to you.

Comment

• lemckenzie
      lemckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be that! This greenhouse is new and we have never grown in that spot before. The ground would have froze solid there last year and it's all fresh screened top soil this year. We have never had that fungus in our gardens before but with the extreme temperatures this year we are in the unknown!! I will definitely watch them closely!! Thank you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X