When to turn on Flower switch, vipar v450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to turn on Flower switch, vipar v450

1st grow, 4 sprouts today, woohoo. Planning to use Veg switch for next 2 weeks before also flipping Flower on. Or do you recommend both switches on from get go? Viparspectra v450, photoperiod.
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

I use the same lights for almost 4 yrs for indoor growing. If they are auto flower i go with both lights on at approx. 36" then will raise my plant container higher using risers and wood blocks it's just the way i prefer i don't lower or raise lights. If it's a photo plant i use veg light only at same distance for seedlings under 30days old. Again i will adjust the plant height as i see the plant growing. I will then throw both lights on my photos after 30days until it's time to switch the light hours to 12/12 off.

You may get others with the same light a 450 to say another way. But to start i remember following the Manufactures recommendation from the booklet sent with the light i kept it for references. Good luck read up and have fun.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks for the insight, I am having fun!

Welcome to the HAVING FUN growing club I have 2 blurple lights they're an off brand I can't remember the name right now but they are 2 switch units as well and my first grow I used the veg switch for veg and the bloom from 12-12 to the end and I was terribly disappointed then read and read and found I should have used both switched during flower. My next grow was amazing so don't make my same mistake some light instructions are not helpful quite the opposite... just wanted to share my (stupidity or ignorance) story.
    enjoy what you're doing and you'll never work a day in your life..... Good luck
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Good to know, thanks. I will follow the advice from SoOrbudgal and turn on both lights at day 30. Peace!
      Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        This is how you learn about what your plant will do with height of light. There is a "sweet spot" with vipra maybe with others too i don't know but i know this version. Yep and as you learn you can make your own rules with the timing of both switch's. You can control when you use both switches veg/bloom but that's when your comfortable raising and lowering distances between plant and light. .

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X