Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Names

........ Who comes up with some of these & where's the rhyme or reason???
    I went to get a little something to break up the monotony of one strain & the dispensary had clones. I figured someone had come across a bad assed male OG Fire cause there were about 5 named something Fire.

None of them have any OGFire in them. 😑

When people ask me what strain a particular bud is, my answer is always, California IDK.

Comment

The names sell products, along with all the claimes the breeders make each time they introduce a new strain. If you want to try something new, I say try harvesting at a different time for different effects. It will save lots of money.

I admit that I purchased some of the newer, higher-THC strains, which have jumped from around 20-22% THC up to 27-28% recently, but I kind of hate the Cannabis name game.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I'm trying to ignore the " ass-monkey" names really? All i look at are the percentages of Indica/Sativa in the breeding and like alltatup says, i also allow my grow to get either be all cloudy with little amber or 50% amber throughout to make a different effect blend. I'm disliking the claims of THC from the last purchase i made at dispensary. Blueberry kush claimed 25% THC. Rolled a straight joint of it sat there for 1/2hr either it was me and my brain was still counting sheep because it did not relax us. I'm waiting for our latest to cure but i know my homegrown mixes are way better tasting and effects are more calming than that strain. Plus i found 7 seeds in a 3 grams i bought, do you think the plant hermied from heat stress and " quick turn over " by grower? I sure do, but still it tested per label at 25% tasted harsh.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Blueberry seems to be the hardest for people to get right or something, I tried it 4-5 different times from local dispensaries and it always sucks. Very little if any blueberry flavor, they're always a bit harsh and no potency.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad dispensaries are there, but I'm far gladder that I grow my own. Can't nothin compare to it. Nobody selling to dispensaries is going to cure for 2-4 months, that's for sure...

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard from folks I know in the commercial industry that a number of growers sell product under whatever name is popular at the moment. It seems to me that legalization has created a new breed of growers more concerned with profit than taking pride in what they grow. I remember the old school Northern California growers who used to put their hearts & souls into their crops. Now we have warehouses pounding out petrochemical fertilized, pesticide laden product Frankensteined to produce in weeks rather than months. Artificial driers, humidity packs, machine trimmers, and fancy packaging has sucked the soul out of the industry. Ever smoked a hand rolled genuine Cuban cigar? Yeah, that's the difference. Just an opinion.

I told JDU i'd give them too him they do not have the potency that's for sure. I'll toss them out if he changes his mind FunkyButtLovin what a racket. Stay safe

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Someone brought over some store bought "road gravel" bud with a strange name and wanted me to find seed for it. There are few things that goooogle cant find, but it found shit on that name for MJ. My thought was the grower called it what s/he wanted to so they don't have to explain why it did not make that 31% the breeder claimed.
          Then the names that makes one think it produces a colour like red purple or black, but grows out green. One day I will have to get and grow some Alaskan Thunder Fuck to see if it stands up to its name! I think my next named weed will be "Black Willie", there's 2 that have me hooked on the name LOL
          And now with all the "strains" or hybrids out there what the hell is left for me to call my crosses? My best was named Tulsa Tops, I think I have one beast of a plant coming, I am thinking of calling her Betsy Bud (Betty Boops unknown cousin), a cross between Dresden Green Diamond and Bruce Banner 3.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't seen seeds but the ATF my old connection cloned & grew was amazing!
            That's one of my pet peaves as well. Calling a hybrid a strain. It takes generations of selective breeding to produce a uniform strain.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep Rwise road gravel that is what majority of it could be called good 1.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I like my long haired hippie buds!

And i totally agree crucialbunny you nailed it in my opinion. It's like everything else in the USA happening. Teach the younger generations how to grow organically. We did it way before anyone labeled it. These old growers were the gurus and i was a student like most learning from them.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X