HELP, I murdered my plants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, I murdered my plants!

Hello My Friends, I am growing two plants outdoors, one I let grow naturally, and the other I main-line into 16 tops, it looks really bitch! But then I noticed some bugs were eating leaves, so I sprayed them with an organic pesticide I had. I gave them a good soaking after the sun went down, and the next day, when I got home from work, the leaves were all burnt to hell. then I realized I mixed the pesticide wrong. it should habe been 1-1/2 teaspoons per gallon, and I mixed 1-1/2 tablespoons per gallon. so then I gave them a good soaking with plain ph'd water. but leaves are dying off. any advise on my next course of action, to try and save these lovely ladies?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnb1963; 07-25-2020, 08:19 AM.

I don’t grow outdoors but I’d do the same thing you did. Just keep spraying it off and give the roots a good flushing. Hopefully it’ll recover, that’s a beautiful plant! Next time you treat for bugs use peroxide. It’s safe to use in a spray for bugs on the leaves and even good to use a little in the water for the soil.

Comment

I grow outdoor also. And if this was my plant I would take some leaves of. Give it some more light from the sun.
      you have plenty of leaves to do that 👍🏻
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Are you sure that you didn't mix the food wrong it looks like nitrogen burn.... if not or even if you did I would mix hydrogen peroxide 1tbs per qt of ph water in a hand sprayer and spray the hell out of them. Peroxide is what everyone is using to wash fresh harvested buds in, to clean off any sprays, poop,and bugs. So if it will clean off the spray from your harvest then why not still living... I spray mine with this mix about every three weeks or so from seedlings to harvest it gives em a boost of oxygen and helps (as bboy said above) with bugs...
        good luck
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
          I don’t grow outdoors but I’d do the same thing you did. Just keep spraying it off and give the roots a good flushing. Hopefully it’ll recover, that’s a beautiful plant! Next time you treat for bugs use peroxide. It’s safe to use in a spray for bugs on the leaves and even good to use a little in the water for the soil.
          Hello bboy... I'm curious I am a fan of hydrogen peroxide as well and use it to mist and in my water about every three weeks or so and love it. I have a question that I thought mayb you since you mentioned peroxide could answer (I'm being lazy I haven't researched yet).... I'm trying to grow in living soil this go around and it just hit me that the peroxide could harm my live soil. Do you know anything about this???
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            No sorry. I grow in FFOF mostly. I’ve read good things on living soil and watched a few YouTube grows of people using it but I have no experience myself.

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            KO thanks... I was just being lazy and asked you because you mentioned peroxide instead of hours of reading through the millions of different opinions you know I'm going to find when I Google it. Enjoy sir and I'm sure I'll see you around

thanks guys, i'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide. as far as nutes, I use the the fox farm trio, but so far, only at 3/4 strength. in fact yesterday i measured the run-off water at 600 PPM. I almost thought it could be heat stress, because 2 week ago, it was hot, mid 90's, and plants are in the sun basically from sun-up to sun down, but the last two week, it;s been very nice temperature wise, is fact morning overcast until noon, and leaves are still turning yellow and dying. if there a problem with the root system, do you think black strap molasses would help?

Comment

This is from fox farm website I have used it with pretty good results and molasses I've only used it once and that was in my last grow... honestly I don't know which helped more with my improved quality I added a new light to my room and used fox f Bembe which I started at the start of flower... that's the problem with changing to many things that a time you don't know which made the difference...
            good luck

EDIT = bembe is molasses and some other nutes and I fed it as it's recommended on this feeding schedule
            Last edited by MeEasy; 07-26-2020, 08:27 AM.
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

hello my friends, so it's been another week, and not much change, last weekend i gave them a good bath with the hydrogen peroxide mixture, but still have leaves turning yellow and dying. funny, the plant that was not tops, is a nice green color, while the one that is main-lined is a lime green. same seeds, soil, watering.I wonder why? here are a few more pics. any new thoughts?
              Attached Files

Comment

They don't look worse to me about the same. The leaves won't repair themselves once they have bad spots it stays like that. I think your ph got off at some point mixed with the extra spray and they got a little burn and discolored and like I said they won't turn green after they get that way. I don't think you need to worry just watch your new growth or if they take a bad turn and get worse. On really hot days the heat could radiate off the cement and burn the very bottom leaves a little too could be part of it??

Edit = maybe some splash from the pool the chlorine on the leaves would probably burn em
                Last edited by MeEasy; 08-02-2020, 08:06 PM.
                TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Yellowing and dying leaves at the bottom are a part of the finishing off of a plants life cycle. the tops look great, I'd just keep on keepin on.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X