When to switch to flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to switch to flowering?

I am just past 2 months into my first grow and wondering when I should switch over to flowering/ 12-12 light cycle. My only concern is that ive noticed "the claw" on some leaves on one plant. I have flushed once and think its gotten better.

Setup

Tent size: 32"x32"x63"

Light: 1000w LED Phlizon CREE Cob Light

Container: 3gal. fabric bags

Medium: Kindsoil Hotsoil as base than filled with Fox Farms Happy Frog

Nutrients: Fox Farms big bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.

Before deciding to use liquid nuts on top of hot soil set up I noticed some yellow leaves very early into my grow. Used the Big Bloom once and Grow Big twice and noticed it helped a lot. Used both very sparingly but not sure if it's what caused the claw in one of my plants.

When should i switch to flowering? Im not so concerned about those things bc the overall plants look pretty healthy and happy!

Critical + is 9 inches tall

Amnesia Haze is 12 inches tall

(clone) Black mamba is 16 inches tall

I did manifold the two from seed and did my best creating a canopy with the clone!

Thanks so much!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200724_122411.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	431560

Flip when the tent is full. When the canopy looks like you're flying over the densest part of the rainforest, it's time.

Comment

Depends on your max height honestly. Raise your light as high as it will go. Take the manufacturers recommendations for minimum distance between canopy and light and subtract that from the distance between the top of your pots and the light. That will give you your max height your plants can be. When your lights are half that height, flip them. Hope that made sense.

Comment

• Macadellic
        Macadellic commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy crap....I just did the measurements and I am pretty much ready to flip them with the space i have available....needless to say.....IM FUCKING PUMPED!!!

• Macadellic
        Macadellic commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait....i think I will be pushing it on how close the light will be now.....hmmmm should I let them veg a bit more and train the branches down a bit? I just barely have the min height distance required for my slightly shorter girls....lmao a problem I'm not mad I have.

Thanks friends! Both are insightful! They have created a BEAUTIFUL canopy just wasnt sure how much higher I should let the girls get. I will do a simple calculation to see how much higher I'll let them get. I was just going off the rule of thumb that they will double in size.

so I'm still in veg and seeing lots of pistils starting to grow. Is that normal? Are they telling me they want to go into flowering?

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have pistils, they are definitely ready to switch. Doesn't mean you have to, but they are ready.

Oh my gosh! How exciting! Any things to be aware of in the final stretch? Any possible hurdles in flowering to be aware of? Thanks again fellas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200725_122838.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	431777 not sure if a full view of the tent helps....ill be able to raise it at least 7 more inches from where its hanging but still seems like its pusbing it a little for the tall lovely lady in the back.
        Attached Files

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks to me like you could go another week, maybe 2. Then again, I've never used that type of light so I'm not sure what your distances are supposed to be. My LEDs I can push them pretty close to the light with no issues, but they're the cheap blurple lights so that's probably why.

Manufacturer min. is 24 inches. This light has two options. So if i have any issues with light im thinking I'll alternate between the two. Thanks for the knowledge friend im so glad ive successfully gotten to this stage!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X