Is this ready to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this ready to harvest?

Hi! Please see attached pictures, what do you guys think, time to harvest?

Best regards Sleeplezz

If she were mine I'd wait. The trichomes are mostly clear and cloudy with no amber heads at all, and the hairs are about half and half. I'd say 2 more weeks, but without knowing the strain or how long she's been in flower or if she's an auto or photo girl, it's really hard to tell.

Comment

It’s hard to tell for sure without a closeup of the trichromes but judging by the pistols you have another week or two. I would start checking the trichomes daily at this point just to be safe and flushing.

Comment

Thank you! And sorry they are autoflower Northern Lights and they are on day 53 today. They progress really fast so I give this girl 3 more days and give you an update here, will try to get better pictures then.

Thanks again!

Comment

It's going to take more than 3 days for it to ripen fully but please do update us. Pretty good picture too

Comment

Hi everyone, you were right, it took longer than I thought. But I have harvested one plant now that was a bit ahead of the others.

Have acquired a USB microscope, hopefully pictures will come a little later today.

Comment

It was really hard to press the snap button and keep focus, but here is two pics of the plant thats been cut down. There are some amber trichomes in the mix. What do you think, spot on, to early?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200730_1325_002.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	433229
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200730_1324_001.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	433230

Comment

If you go to grow weed easy website and search when to harvest theres some really good pictures to give you an idea. It doesnt look like shes quite ready yet as tricomes are clear and glassy. I`m a noob so cant tell you much like others on here but check the website out its really good for info on the spot good luck with the harvest shes beautiful.

Comment

That's about where I cut mine. My ol lady likes the motivation she gets when she smokes so as soon as I get about that many ambers I harvest. Just don't get in a rush now, let it cure it will be worth it. So many get over excited at this point and barely let it dry and miss out on something that would be great instead of just good
                  enjoy the fruits of your labor...
                  TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                  s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                  .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                  TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                  2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                  TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                  3 gallon pots all autos
                  Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                  👇my one n only journal👇
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
                    That's about where I cut mine. My ol lady likes the motivation she gets when she smokes so as soon as I get about that many ambers I harvest. Just don't get in a rush now, let it cure it will be worth it. So many get over excited at this point and barely let it dry and miss out on something that would be great instead of just good
                    enjoy the fruits of your labor...
                    Thanks for the feedback! Yes I will make sure to dry and cure the right way :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Driller View Post
                      If you go to grow weed easy website and search when to harvest theres some really good pictures to give you an idea. It doesnt look like shes quite ready yet as tricomes are clear and glassy. I`m a noob so cant tell you much like others on here but check the website out its really good for info on the spot good luck with the harvest shes beautiful.
                      Yes I have been looking and reading but always nice to get an opinion. Yes there are some that are clear but I checked the whole bud and I would say that 70% are cloudy and just under 10% are amber, the rest are clear. The plant shows all the other signs also to be ready. I have many plants left in my tent so I will let some of the go a bit longer and see what I prefer.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                        FunkyButtLovin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I prefer milky to amber most of the time so for me the window would definitely have been open and I'd probably be happy with the amount of ripeness you've chose but maybe just a few more days judging by the 2 pics alone. A real amber fan would probably be looking at another couple of weeks.

You can always cut a few buds off and let others ripen more. Buds on the same plant will be ready at different times or allow the ones that are further along get more ambers than the other ones then keep them separate that way you have daytime buds and nighttime buds. As you get more experience in judging your plants you can do it your way because other than letting them die there is no wrong way..... I like this picture it kinda gives you a visual feel of what you are looking at
                      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                      3 gallon pots all autos
                      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                      👇my one n only journal👇
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
                        You can always cut a few buds off and let others ripen more. Buds on the same plant will be ready at different times or allow the ones that are further along get more ambers than the other ones then keep them separate that way you have daytime buds and nighttime buds. As you get more experience in judging your plants you can do it your way because other than letting them die there is no wrong way..... I like this picture it kinda gives you a visual feel of what you are looking at
                        I hear you, I totally agree. Thats a good picture, thanks!

Comment

Your trichomes look how I prefer them. Amber here and there but not too many. My wife prefers more amber because she only smokes late in the evening, generally before bed. I’d smoke all day if I could so I like just enough amber so it’s not a gittery high but still potent.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X